Bay City Connections Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bay City Connections Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bay City Connections

1 Interview Review

2.0

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bay City Connections (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Just like the other reviews of BBC on Glassdoor, I was conned. Yes, on their website BBC explains that they use Direct Marketing practices, but does not go in depth on what that actually means. During my second round interview, they took me "out on the field", where I found out that they solicit off-brand cosmetics to local businesses. My interviewer and I stepped into a local salon and were asked if there was any way that BBC can stop going into that salon because they have been there so many times. We also stepped into a cafe where the barista told us to leave the premises because "soliciting was not allowed". I was horrified and felt super embarrassed for the girl who was showing me the ropes. The girl who interviewed me was super sweet and I could tell that she had big dreams of her own and was probably conned into this job as well. Seemed like she was hyping it up to me so much, that she was trying to convince herself of how awesome the job was too. Once I got back into the lobby of BBC where another interviewee was waiting, we both looked at each other thinking that this wasn't what we were expecting. Door to door sales and multilevel recruiting. Plain and simple. When I went in for my follow up after the field observation, I was offered the job right away but said I wanted to weigh my options and was asked, "What are your other options?" Like bruh. They don't take rejection well. Everyone is super nice but not nice enough for me to sell my soul.

Interview Questions