Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.9

Computational Life Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (West Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screening by HR>Phone interview with hiring manager>on site interview (presentation)>offer decision.

Bayer HR department is very professional and helpful, the down side is slow on answering questions.

The phone interview with hiring manager was very interesting. I've received the information that I'd like to know about Bayer as well as presenting my working knowledge towards to this position.

On site interview was a bit rough since the flight was >2000 miles from east coast to west coast. The interview began with a 20 mins presentation about my work and followed by a 10 mins QA. The rest of interview was mainly group/panel QA. Overall, the interview was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I answered a posting on a professional network, I was contacted for two phone interviews prior to being bought in for a face to face interview. The interview was mostly one-sided, I rarely got the opportunity to speak. I also got the impression that they did not know what exactly this position entailed or what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What types of Bayer products are in my household?   1 Answer

QA-1 Microbiology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bayer in March 2017.

Interview

It was really good experience. Employers were very nice , They gave brief information about company and then it was good detailed discussion about job responsibilities and my experiences . Behavioral questions were asked to better understand your personality.

Interview Questions

• It focused on my skills and experiences related to the job position   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Get selected to interview, by the HR Machine, then by the hiring manager. The interview is setup by HR. Candidates are called in to interview, then management has a round table meeting to discuss the candidates.

Interview Questions

• The questions regarding the process they would use to provide efficiencies to the system and methods.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Applied over four months ago. Still have not received any response one way or the other. Not a good sign about the professionalism of the company if they do not respond, in any way, to applicants.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked as we have not connected on whether there will be an interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone screening interview and then a phone interview was scheduled with a hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager was very brief and I was only asked a few basic questions (tell me about yourself). I felt like they had already made their decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

The interview was setup by an external vendor. Things got moving within a few days. The interview was over phone with a 6 member panel. Most of the questions were focused on Salesforce development and administration. I received the response within a week

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage Salesforce in a life science domain   Answer Question

Operational Excellence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone pre-screening. Basic questions tell me about yourself. Why bayer. talk about previous work experience. Phone interview. Spoke with few people in HR department. Lots of situational questions. Everyone was super nice. I worked with a few different employees to schedule the interviews, which got confusing but overall everyone was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a manager or co-worker?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening via HR, phone interview with hiring manager, onsite interview: panel and individual interviews, opportunity to ask questions about company and specific role, follow-up from HR two to three weeks after onsite interview, friendly environment

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Half a day. Met with six people from the company, mostly in management. The interview was quite casual given the East Coast location and outward company image. I felt relaxed throughout, and wasn't pressured to answer questions with explicit detail. Net-net I found the experience to be smoother than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you worked with a difficult manager or peer.   Answer Question