Bayer Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume through an online job board and got a call the next day with the sourcing recruiter. She thought I was a great fit for the role, indicated she'd pass my resume to the hiring manager. Two weeks go by without a word, so I followed up, she then indicated she would reach back out to the hiring manager to get his feedback, 3 weeks and counting... Radio Silence. I get the hint but it be more professional of them to provide an update.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, background experience and strength/weakness   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Half a day. Met with six people from the company, mostly in management. The interview was quite casual given the East Coast location and outward company image. I felt relaxed throughout, and wasn't pressured to answer questions with explicit detail. Net-net I found the experience to be smoother than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you worked with a difficult manager or peer.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ).

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I told them that my experience wasn't quite up to the years required, about a year or 2 short, but they told me to apply nonetheless and that my experience would more than make up for it.

I couldn't get through their ATS system. It was a joke. Worked on the application in their system for 2 hours, received no help when I asked the recruiter for assistance. Followed up the next day and was told I probably didn't have the experience anyway. Lol at Bayer and their whole recruitment process. What a joke. The irony is this role was within their HR department. ....Oh boy, no worries guys.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen then hiring manager, then head of HR. This process was over the course of 6 months with me having to follow up with my contact recruiter

Interview Questions

• Interview was more conversational based on experience. They were very interested in how my background applied to the position. Process was over the course of 6 months   Answer Question

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY).

Interview

HR rep - "You did well on our interview but we had many applicants and the hiring manager selected candidates who are currently residing within a reasonable commute time to the facility in Berkeley CA."

Good luck out of town candidates.

Interview Questions

• Would this salary range be acceptable? (she gave specific numbers)   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. Interviewer asked basic interview questions but didn't seem so excited to be there. At the end of the interview I asked him some questions regarding the position description that was posted online just to find out that it was incorrect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within the next few days heard back about a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and just a simple few questions going through my resume and qualifications and what the internship would entail. Then weeks later I heard back about a second interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. There was a phone interview first with a remote recruiter describing my experiences and one behavioral question. After was a panel interview with hiring manager plus two others. The panel interview was mostly behavioral questions (about 7 of them) then two technical questions specific to the role

Global Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

This was a pretty basic interview, not case based, asked for past experience in regulatory affairs, past experiences in conflict situations, where your current interests lie.

Strong focus on you explaining where you see yourself inside bayer (in which dept. strategy, etc...) and internship as a whole is intensive and well explained.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself using your experiences and interest in this position here at Bayer?   Answer Question

Clinical Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quite lengthy. First round was a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone screen, the recruiter interviewed me for 30 minutes afterwards. I was invited for a second round of interviews both in person and by phone with multiple staff members. I was then going to interview with more people by phone but after the face to face, I was notified the next day by the recruiter that I would not be advancing to the next round of interviews. The recruiter notified me by voicemail and said I could reach out to discuss additional opportunities. My calls went unreturned.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer