Bayer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Get selected to interview, by the HR Machine, then by the hiring manager. The interview is setup by HR. Candidates are called in to interview, then management has a round table meeting to discuss the candidates.

Interview Questions

• The questions regarding the process they would use to provide efficiencies to the system and methods.   Answer Question

Operational Excellence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone pre-screening. Basic questions tell me about yourself. Why bayer. talk about previous work experience. Phone interview. Spoke with few people in HR department. Lots of situational questions. Everyone was super nice. I worked with a few different employees to schedule the interviews, which got confusing but overall everyone was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a manager or co-worker?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening via HR, phone interview with hiring manager, onsite interview: panel and individual interviews, opportunity to ask questions about company and specific role, follow-up from HR two to three weeks after onsite interview, friendly environment

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had one interview for an hour. I met with my future supervisor where she asked typical interview questions, some technical questions relating to the job description, and for an explanation on my past work experiences. Afterwards, I had a lab tour and a group interview with other coworkers I would be working with. The group interview was to get a feel for if I was compatible with the group of people. I heard back by the end of the week and was given a week to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation (contract position)

OE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

This specific Inteview was the last one that I did. It consisted on a meeting with 4 member of the OE local team during 1 hour. We talked about my proffessional previous experiences and also my goals and objectives for the future.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you prefer a boss who is always controling what you do or one who does not pay attention to you very often?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A brief 15 minute interview with the employer, and then they allow you to take a tour of their campus and the facilities you will be working in as well as meet some of the other employees you would be working with. Friendly environment with plenty of honesty and casual banter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Emeryville, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application, and got to the 1st round interview with HR. HR kind of went over my online profile, then asked me generic questions. Then got a 2nd round interview with my potential supervisor. The supervisor asked me questions based off my resume. The questions themselves throughout the process weren't too difficult. Got questions asked me about my "biggest challenge" at a previous job, etc.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (Emeryville, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very cordial and did initial phone screen. This was followed up at a later date by separate phone screen with Hiring Manager, very pleasant process about past experience, etc. Followed by onsite interview with several people 1:1. This was a half day process with lunch provided, as well as a short presentation. Followed by month long waiting before being notified about not receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how to deal with difficult people and difficult situations. Other questions about past work and how problems were resolved.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. I was first asked to present my work as a Ph.D. student and how I think I am suited for the position I was interviewing for. I got the opportunity to meet 5 people from the department as a group and then individually. All of them asked me technical as well as HR questions. All of them appreciated me asking them lot of questions!

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First, phone interview and then asked some statistical and biological questions. The HR is very nice, she talked something about their company asked some cell background and some statistical questions, which is not hard, and last I asked several questions about training and their company culture. The interview lasts about 20 mins. The experience is valuable for me. This is my first interview.