Bayer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Bayer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 19, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had one interview for an hour. I met with my future supervisor where she asked typical interview questions, some technical questions relating to the job description, and for an explanation on my past work experiences. Afterwards, I had a lab tour and a group interview with other coworkers I would be working with. The group interview was to get a feel for if I was compatible with the group of people. I heard back by the end of the week and was given a week to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation (contract position)

OE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

This specific Inteview was the last one that I did. It consisted on a meeting with 4 member of the OE local team during 1 hour. We talked about my proffessional previous experiences and also my goals and objectives for the future.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you prefer a boss who is always controling what you do or one who does not pay attention to you very often?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A brief 15 minute interview with the employer, and then they allow you to take a tour of their campus and the facilities you will be working in as well as meet some of the other employees you would be working with. Friendly environment with plenty of honesty and casual banter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Emeryville, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application, and got to the 1st round interview with HR. HR kind of went over my online profile, then asked me generic questions. Then got a 2nd round interview with my potential supervisor. The supervisor asked me questions based off my resume. The questions themselves throughout the process weren't too difficult. Got questions asked me about my "biggest challenge" at a previous job, etc.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (Emeryville, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very cordial and did initial phone screen. This was followed up at a later date by separate phone screen with Hiring Manager, very pleasant process about past experience, etc. Followed by onsite interview with several people 1:1. This was a half day process with lunch provided, as well as a short presentation. Followed by month long waiting before being notified about not receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how to deal with difficult people and difficult situations. Other questions about past work and how problems were resolved.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. I was first asked to present my work as a Ph.D. student and how I think I am suited for the position I was interviewing for. I got the opportunity to meet 5 people from the department as a group and then individually. All of them asked me technical as well as HR questions. All of them appreciated me asking them lot of questions!

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First, phone interview and then asked some statistical and biological questions. The HR is very nice, she talked something about their company asked some cell background and some statistical questions, which is not hard, and last I asked several questions about training and their company culture. The interview lasts about 20 mins. The experience is valuable for me. This is my first interview.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After initial recruiter contact, hiring manager called me for a phone interview to discuss role followed by 2 in-person interviews. The interview included HR, the hiring manager, and a dotted-line manager plus the VP. About half the time was spent on explaining the role and the need for it, the remainder on questions assessing my knowledge and experience and then whatever questions I had about the role.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I got an interview after applying online and reaching out to find a connection through Linked-In. I got connected with the hiring manager for the position and was able to get my CV submitted directly. My first interview was a brief, 10 min phone interview with an HR person which was aimed at determining if I was serious about the job. I clearly was, so a second phone interview was set up with the hiring manager for five days later. It was scheduled for 45 minutes, but the hiring manager called me 10 minutes late and ended the interview 15 minutes early due to a hectic work schedule. The 20 minutes we did interview revolved around learning what experiences I had relevant to the position and what types of ideas I might have for translating my research into drug development efforts. The interview ended with the hiring manager inviting me for an on-site interview two weeks later. I had to schedule the trip for my interview with two different HR/recruiter people, which ended up causing some communication problems (perhaps a problem in Bayer bureaucracy). For example, my hiring manager had tried to schedule a dinner with me during my visit, which never happened due to mis-communication between them.
    The on-site interview was a one day interview: 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. I had one-on-one meeting the whole day, for 30min at a time, with various scientists working there. Some of them asked me very direct questions about what research I think would lead to new drug discovery. Some had more informal discussions with me about my background and told me about their jobs and responsibilities.
    I also had to give a 45 minute seminar around lunchtime; the hiring manager had directed me to give a presentation aimed at convincing people of the therapeutic potential of my research. I had a few questions after the talk, most notably whether or not a particular experiment I performed had given me a new drug target. To which my answer had to be: no, not yet.
    I met with the hiring manager twice during the day, including my last meeting of the day. In the first meeting, the manager asked me typical questions like "describe a time you had a disagreement with your boss." The manager also talked about the type of person they were looking for: someone who did a lot of reading, came up with ideas, and proposed new research projects and lobbied to get resources to pursue those projects. At the end of the day, we discussed possible projects I would be interested in working on how I felt about the visit.

Interview Questions

• What new drug opportunity would you research if given the chance? (It was unexpected since the advertised position was an entry level position, not a position that I expected to be coming into with new drug ideas to research. I would have expected that to become an important question later in my career, however)   Answer Question
    • What disease could you try to cure using your current research? (My research was clearly basic research, not directly transnational)   Answer Question
    • Do you ever disagree with your boss and how do you handle it when you do?   1 Answer

Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Berkeley, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

a phone interview by HR, followed by another phone interview by the hiring manager equivalent, a ~2-hr-long on-site screening interview, and ~half-day final on-site interview consisting ~4-5 individual 1-to-1s, an ~1-hr-long seminar, and no meal.

Interview Questions

• Why this development job, when you only have fundamental science background?   1 Answer