Baylor College of Medicine Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview was very laid back and easy, however I was told I had to much experience for that lab I applied to, I was told I would get a call back regardless of the decision and I never did. I assumed that I would not get the job simply because I was told my experience was not something she was looking for because she wanted to train the person that would get the job.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by email from someone in the department to set up a phone interview. Due to my fast response the phone interview was conducted the same day. I was then contacted the next day by email to set up an in face interview the following week. Parking was not validating so be sure you're prepared to pay for parking. I interviewed with six people individually within the department and the whole interview process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me where you see yourself in the next few years and how this job is relevant to your goals.   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very hectic, almost as if I were a burden. The carpet was dirty and the lights were half burned out. Not the ideal office environment. Everyone looked very tired.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do here?   1 Answer

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

My first interview I met the whole lab team, one by one, it took about 2 hrs in total, they asked many of the same questions in different ways, they were really interested in my future plans, I mentioned grad school which they liked, they asked me about my previous work in other labs, basically they were looking for someone with a passion for science and a long term goal with science, not just a paying job for the bills. I went for a 2nd interview which was about 1hr and a half, we talked about more in detail what the work in the lab was about and he wanted to further gauge my interest and passion. It wasn't a difficult process honestly, but that's because I am congruent to the fact that I really am eager to start working in a lab and to get started on my career, so let your passion show and always think about the job description and about what questions they seem to put emphasis on and tailor a response to their highest priorities.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't negotiated it yet, but they offered me a salary which i'd like to negotiate.

Research Technician III Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online the PI emailed me saying he wanted to interview. I showed up to the interview and after talking for a bit he showed me around the lab. Majority of the interview was me asking questions. After a week he asked for references and then sent his decision the week after.

Animal Care Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

They will lie to you about this position. They will promise promotions and raises they will not keep. They will do anything it takes to get anyone to do this job.

They do a background check. This takes about 2 weeks after the interview. No drug test.

Orientation you spend the first 2 days taking online tests on mice. This may make you think you get to do actual work with mice. You don't. All you are doing is cleaning cages and being a janitor.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was a video conference with a recruiter who liked me and forwarded my resume. a week later she called back and i had an interview scheduled with the College in person. From there i was given a call another few days later that invited me for a second interview. I am still waiting to hear back from the second interview but i feel like it went well.

Interview Questions

• What values do you hold that you think reflect on why you should be hired by Baylor   1 Answer

Research Coordinator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone, invited for in-person interview, met with several different people, offer was made not long after. The interview process was very unorganized and I did not meet with everybody I was told I would meet with.

Interview Questions

• Can you verbally commit to at least a two year agreement?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with four people, each asking me questions for 30 minutes. They had a matrix that went off and asked me several questions regarding my background. It seemed like they had a hard time asking questions. I was definitely not impressed with Baylor and after a while I started tuning them out. The professors do not have social skills, and one of them even told me he treats the staff like crap. I knew after that moment that I did not want to work for them so I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Baylor?   1 Answer

Research Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy and thorough. I applied online and received an interview call within 15-20 days. The PI of the lab directly contacted me to schedule an interview. After the interview, I was offered the job within the next week. The overall experience of this interview was really good.