Baylor College of Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very hectic, almost as if I were a burden. The carpet was dirty and the lights were half burned out. Not the ideal office environment. Everyone looked very tired.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do here?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with the upper management - a panel. I had to tell the management, with whom I was in touch, that I coming into town and will be happy to meet them for an interview, after which they set one up.

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether I would be able to perform the job I was applying for. What is the first impression people get of me? The whole interview lasted 15-30 minutes.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was very long. It took about 6 hours, and meetings with different people. Baylor did not pay for the expenses related to the interview, air ticket, hotel, etc.

The slary offered was very poor. 20K less than what I currently make, the human resources representative asked for my current pay stub so they will "match" my current salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

All the people that interviewed me made me feel very comfortable. They were nice enough to show me around the labs, meet various other colleagues and went in to great detail (going through a power point presentation for me).

Interview Questions

• What I have been studying at University   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made it very easy for me. They were flexible and willing to assist me to fit their needs and schedule with my studies.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very simple and quick. Started off with a basic, tell me about yourself and your career aspirations. Then talked about what skills you have, and what topics I was aware of

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the project manager for an informal phone interview where we discussed my previous exposure to linux system administration, familiarity with JBoss/Tomcat environments and technical skills relating to managing VMs using VmWare. Then, I was informed they wanted to me to come meet the team in their department, which consisted of mini-interviews with another system administrator, the head of the department and a group of programmers. Overall, i was impressed with the atmosphere and enjoyed meeting with this group in an academic research environment.

Interview Questions

• This involved steps you would take to troubleshoot a virtual machine which was randomly crashing at odd intervals.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX).

Interview

They essentially asked me if I was willing to X set of things, for Y income. I said "sure". Standard interview questions are employed if you go through HR, more human/organic questions are utilized by individual researchers or practitioners.

Interview Questions

• Did you know you would not be doing the job you're being offered if you accept this offer?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

i met with two people the first time and they asked the various questions of my background and where did i work before. I then was able to come back and asked other questions when the doctors were there to answer their questions. I had a great time speaking with them

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with four people, each asking me questions for 30 minutes. They had a matrix that went off and asked me several questions regarding my background. It seemed like they had a hard time asking questions. I was definitely not impressed with Baylor and after a while I started tuning them out. The professors do not have social skills, and one of them even told me he treats the staff like crap. I knew after that moment that I did not want to work for them so I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Baylor?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in July 2015.

Interview

Extremely organized and prompt! Once I accepted an interview it was added to my calendar in Gmail along with the names of the interviewers. With having the advantage of knowing who I was meeting with and their job title helped me tailor my questions with the interviewers. Overall, it was the best interview process I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had to deal with a project that had a set back and how did you handle it.   Answer Question