Baylor Scott & White Health Patient Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baylor Scott & White Health Patient Service Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylor Scott & White Health (Temple, TX).

Interview

I applied on line for several Patient Services Specialist jobs. About three weeks later I received a call from an HR representative going over the job description and offering me an interview. I was told that when you apply for specific PSS jobs, you are really applying to a large pool of PSS candidates so I don't think that applying for separate PSS jobs on the website is beneficial; one application will do.

The interview is a group interview with around ten people. It is very laid back and not stressful or nerve wracking. Each person is asked the same question. Then, they describe the training process which is as follows: once hired, you enter a two week training class. On the last day of training class you take two tests which you must pass with an 80% or higher. If you don't pass, you're no longer employed weigh S&W. If you do, the training staff attempts to match you in a specific PSS job either in a clinic or in the hospital. If they can't match you, you are put into a float pool and have to interview at different clinics while you wait for a permanent position. They are very straight forward about this process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time you made a mistake and had to tell someone about it.
    2. Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.
    3. Name your strengths and weaknesses. What are you doing to improve your weaknesses?
    4. What would your previous employer say are your strengths and weaknesses?

(And the worst one)

5. Who out of this group would you hire? Who out if this group would you not hire? (This is anonymous to the group, but the HR Reps know what you said. They say this is to help them choose, but I imagine this is actually to see if you have good judgement.)
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baylor Scott & White Health

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor Scott & White Health (Waco, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call for an interview by the recruiter, process took 2.5 weeks. Group interview with panel interviwers. Pros is that they can observe each and every one of us, compare, and then pick who they liked. Cons is I didn't get to tell the panel who I am, my skills, or have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Panel asked the group same questions. The panel will not know anything about you but the answers you give. You have to do very very well because they'll compare you to the others. Imagine, I never introduced myself, the only time I spoke was when I answered the questions. Dress the part and give a good answer that shows your strengths.   Answer Question

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Baylor Scott & White Health.

Interview

I have applied for at least 20 times for a PSS position. Scott & White does not call you for an interview or send out dear john letters to say sorry you did not get this job they just leave you wondering

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor Scott & White Health (Temple, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview with 6 other candidates. Two supervisors interviewing candidates. Go around the table asking each person the same question. Very intimidating. 3 of the 6 people in the interview were hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to change your schedule to accomodate working for a co-worker or working late hours. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but several others in my training class did!

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baylor Scott & White Health.

Interview

Received telephone call to set up interview. Very professional and easy to talk with. Everyone at the interview location was very nice and made me feel comfortable. One of the best interviews I've done in a long time.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor Scott & White Health (College Station, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They did a one-on-one interview and thats basically it.