Bayshore Solutions Web Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bayshore Solutions

1 Interview Review

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayshore Solutions (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied via one of the major job boards (Monster, Dice, etc.). There was no phone interview, but I was invited to interview at the main offices. My initial interview was with one of the managers, then with one of the web designers there. It was a fairly standard interview, in which I was able to show my portfolio and asked various questions about my experience and work history. The thing that stood out to me the most was my conversation with the web designer and his description of the work environment. I had never talked to someone in a job interview who was quite so unenthusiastic about how the teams worked together and the types of work they did. It was a definite alarm that told me the work environment was fairly negative.

I was asked to come back for a second interview, where I met with one of the Principals of the company and it all seemed to go pretty well. I was cautiously optimistic about having had a chance to talk to the leadership and my qualifications seemed to be well received. That was perhaps what made it somewhat baffling and a bit irksome that even after contacting the company via email about their hiring decision, I never heard a word back either way.

In the years since I have heard various colleagues and associates of mine confirm that I was perhaps fortunate to not have worked in what has essentially be described as a turn-and-burn approach to design and dev personnel. I think my impressions from the first interview may have been dead on.

Interview Questions

• I really can't recall there being any questions that were especially difficult or unexpected. In hindsight it makes me think that may be an indicator on the casual approach this company takes to the design and dev personnel. Having conducted many interviews in the years since then, I feel it shows that you care about who you are hiring to give them a tough question that makes them think or confront something they could perhaps work or improve in relation to the position.   Answer Question