Bazaarvoice Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.3

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with a scheduled phone interview with a Management team member in your department. The 2nd part was back-to-back interviews with 4 team members, including your prospective manager. The final/3rd part was a presentation relevant to your role. Overall I thought it was a great & challenging process and really helped me make the decision to work with a great team/company.

Interview Questions

• There were general interview questions and transparent discussions around the PM processes and issues. The presentation was where they tested you on your role via live role play of a Kickoff meeting with the client and key stakeholders.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview is a four step process. You start with a quick phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the person that would be your manager. Next is an on-site interview where you have one-on-one interviews with multiple people from the department you are interviewing in. The final step is a presentation round with the team you had the one-on-one interviews with.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone within Bazaarvoice Recruiting. They had me take a test to see if I knew basic coding information and would fit well for the Implementation Engineer position. Afterwards, the recruiter set me up on a call with a Senior Implementation Engineer. After that call, I was called in for an in person with three implementation engineers where they each interviewed me. Was given an offer within a week of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see yourself within the organization in 3 years?   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took far too long and not sure why they were interviewing. It seemed they had already hired for the position. I was given the run around by this company for months. I was initially very interested, but I'm not sure a position ever really existed after the first one was filled. During the second time I was invited onsite - one of the interviewers made it pretty well known that I wasn't even her choice to come back onsite. This would have been my direct supervisor, so pretty sure I dodged a bullet. I took 2 days off from work for this charade and walked away from the whole experience pretty annoyed that I spent so much time preparing a presentation and learning about the company without any REAL feedback on why I was not selected.

The recruiter was very professional, but again with no real feedback and so much time invested - wish I would have steered clear of Bazaarvoice.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - tell me about a time with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Bazaarvoice Response

Jun 12, 2017 – VP, Client Success

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I absolutely agree that your interview process was far longer than our ideal, and was not the experience we wanted you to have. We do ... More

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for this role in May of 2016, and while it took them a little over a month to respond, the interview process went quickly from there.

The first round was a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter. He was really nice, helpful, and easy to talk to. Definitely made me more interested in Bazaarvoice as a company after speaking with him.

Next step was a technical challenge that the recruiter emails you. You have about 80 minutes to complete the challenge, and it consists primarily of CSS, HTML, JQuery, and role-play client communications.

After this, I had one more 30 minute phone screen, this time with a senior manager of the team. She was really open and I enjoyed speaking with her.

Finally, there's an interview in the office. I was greeted with a tour of the office an interviewee goodie bag, which was really awesome! I then spoke with the recruiter for about 20 minutes, then had a series of 3 30-minute interviews. One was with a Senior Implementation engineer, one was with a manager, and one was with the man who would be my manager. These seemed to focus on my problem-solving skills, my communication skills, and cultural fit.

I felt comfortable asking questions throughout the entire process and felt that I was treated with respect the entire time. I felt that this was a really transparent and positive interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What is my approach to communicating with many different personality types? How do I respond when I don't know the answer to something? HTML, CSS, JQuery.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone call about a week after I applied.

First phone call was with the recruiter, very simple, was mainly to screen me. She set up a second phone call with someone else.

About a week later, I had the call with the second person. Lasted about 30 minutes, pretty basic stuff like going over my resume, why I want to work at BazzarVoice etc. He was super cool and it was an easy and relaxed interview.

Few days later I get an email to come to their HQ for a 3 hour interview with multiple people. They email me a schedule and I meet with 3 people, for about an hour each.

I get to BazzarVoice, have a quick tour and I get lead to a small interview room. The room had a schedule with my name on it, a water bottle and a goodie bag with a Starbucks gift card and some BZ swag. Super cool, I've never had a company do this before, so I was pumped.

First interviewer comes in, smiling and super chill. So far so good. She and asks me why I think I'd be good at sales, and the interview immediately goes down hill from there. As I'm talking about why I think I'd be good at it, she interrupts me and states in a very aggressive and condescending tone "That's not what we're looking for, what you're describing is customer service, not sales......do you understand?" This completely threw me off. A. Because she didn't let me finish, and B. because I did not expect her to shut me down like that within the first 2 minutes of the interview. After that, her demeanor completely changed as if she just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. She would look at me with a blank stare, ask me a question, look at her laptop and type. That's it. This lasted for 30-45 minutes until it was time for the next interviewer.

Next person came in, who was the second person I spoke to on the phone prior. We had some small talk and got right into the interview. He was much more relaxed and made me feel more welcomed. He asked me to sell him a few items that he randomly pointed at in the room, which I did, then he coached me on how to improve. This portion lasted about 30 minutes.

Afterwords, the two girls who work in the position I was applying for came in. They were super cool and easy to talk to. We talked about my past sales experience, what the job entailed, and what it was like. As they left they both said they think i'd be great at it.

Final person to come was in the marketing department. This lady was awesome. Super bubbly and fun to talk to. We talked about Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. I wish she had came in first to put me up on a high note and she would have made me felt more relaxed starting out.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviews consisted of two phone interviews and then an in-person rotating interview that lasted nearly 4 hours. The in-person started and ended with 1-on-1 with the recruiter. The second round was with three people working at the same level as the position I was interviewing for. Third round was with prospective manager and fourth round was with someone who had been at the company for quite some time. A fifth round was scheduled but canceled once on site due to some scheduling issues. There is another round after all of this for a presentation either in person or via phone.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was called by someone in the HR department for a phone screening and after greetings and introductions they asked me to lead the interview process. As it was early on in my job hunt I was unprepared for this sort of role-reversal during, so I went into my personal pitch. In the future I will now always make sure I am prepared with a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you previously worked for and what relative experience did you gain there?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a recruiter, who then asked me to provide work samples. Next, the hiring team invited me to interview onsite. I had five 30-minute interviews with 6 team members.
    Had I succeeded, the next step would have been to perform a writing assignment and present it to the team. I regret that I did not get that far, because I really wanted the opportunity to demonstrate what I could do for BV and its clients. Perhaps I could have gained that opportunity had the interview process been organized differently; specifically, I wish I had been allowed to present my skills and abilities (and ask questions about the team's work) in a comprehensive manner. In hindsight, I feel the information exchanged via the format of five 30-minute interviews was rather scattershot and redundant. It did not help that some interviewers, though they may excel in their roles, lacked the interviewing skill of asking follow up questions to clarify or gain deeper understanding.
    Everyone I encountered throughout the process was pleasant and had a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Which of the company's core values resonates with you most?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They are looking for an Inside Sales Rep role. I interviewed with a Melissa Marcus, their recruiter, who made me do an email response and phone response. I passed that, and had a phone interview with a Sarah Brenamen. I have 10 successful years of experience meeting every quota I have been given, training on SaaS products.. and still do not get an in person interview because supposedly they have 100s and 100s of people applying. I felt very discriminated against for some reason, and have a different opinion about this company now. They are all about reviews, well this one is a bad one about them.