Bazaarvoice Implementation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Implementation Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone within Bazaarvoice Recruiting. They had me take a test to see if I knew basic coding information and would fit well for the Implementation Engineer position. Afterwards, the recruiter set me up on a call with a Senior Implementation Engineer. After that call, I was called in for an in person with three implementation engineers where they each interviewed me. Was given an offer within a week of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see yourself within the organization in 3 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for this role in May of 2016, and while it took them a little over a month to respond, the interview process went quickly from there.

The first round was a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter. He was really nice, helpful, and easy to talk to. Definitely made me more interested in Bazaarvoice as a company after speaking with him.

Next step was a technical challenge that the recruiter emails you. You have about 80 minutes to complete the challenge, and it consists primarily of CSS, HTML, JQuery, and role-play client communications.

After this, I had one more 30 minute phone screen, this time with a senior manager of the team. She was really open and I enjoyed speaking with her.

Finally, there's an interview in the office. I was greeted with a tour of the office an interviewee goodie bag, which was really awesome! I then spoke with the recruiter for about 20 minutes, then had a series of 3 30-minute interviews. One was with a Senior Implementation engineer, one was with a manager, and one was with the man who would be my manager. These seemed to focus on my problem-solving skills, my communication skills, and cultural fit.

I felt comfortable asking questions throughout the entire process and felt that I was treated with respect the entire time. I felt that this was a really transparent and positive interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What is my approach to communicating with many different personality types? How do I respond when I don't know the answer to something? HTML, CSS, JQuery.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Interview

Started off with a phone screening with HR. This was followed by a timed test on HTML/CSS/XML.

After a week or so, I was contacted for a technical phone interview. During this phone interview, I was asked a number of HTML/CSS/JavaScript related questions ranging from easy to moderately difficult. Unfortunately, I did not study for this as much as I could have so I did not perform too well. All of the questions were fair questions.

Interview Questions

• For a product page, would you rather have a server loaded page or client loaded page?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Questions

• CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Bazaarvoice's has by far the most efficient and pleasant interview to hiring pipeline I've encountered. They are extremely responsive once the interview process commenced and everyone I've spoken to remotely or in person have been very quick to provide helpful responses. From my dealings thus far with Bazaarvoice; I am very pleased to have been offered a position with this company and am looking forward to working with such a diligent team of people.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were mostly to do with my interactions with clients and project / time management.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2010.

Interview

After a recruiter contacted me, I was given a skills assessment to complete within a specified time frame (1 hour). Once completed and scored, I had a couple brief phone interviews and was then brought in for half a day of face-to-face interviews.

The interview was focused on culture fit, communication and technical acumen.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer I was pretty happy with, so I took it, though I negotiated for extra stock options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Round 1 was a very simple and brief phone screen. There were only a couple of questions about html syntax. They asked about expected compensation and since it was lower than I was looking for, the interview spent some time pitching the company culture.
    Round 2 was a technical exam. It was scheduled for a specific time a couple of days later. I was told that a file would arrive with instructions at the given time. It did not arrive on time, so I emailed the recruiter and she said it was on the way. It arrived 15 minutes late for a 65 minute exam. The exam was not difficult, but time was short and I was not able to finish in time. There were 3 sections to the exam. 1 was fixing an existing website layout using only css. Second was implementing Bazzar Voice ratings and comments on that site and formatting the elements as requested. And, 3 was sending a communication to the client about your work. You were expected to check the layout in IE, Firefox, and Safari, so be sure you have a three installed before your scheduled exam time. I did not move on to the next round.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Time wasters. I had a total of 9 interviews/interactions here. A pre-call with HR, a phone interview, an in-person interview with 4 different people at their offices and then they ask you to do a presentation which ended up also being two other calls and a panel interview of 4 people. I very much considered dropping out of the process as preparing for the presentation took so much time that I could have been preparing for other interviews I had. It is a huge ask for candidates to go through so many interviews for a role that isn't even senior management. Once I was accepted to the presentation stage, it felt like the previous 6 interviews had been a complete waste of time as the whole focus was on the presentation. It feels pretty unprofessional to ask people to dedicate so much of their time to this. And then I didn't even hear back for over a week.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (East Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with two phone calls from the recruiter and technical test specialist and followed with technical test and eventually an interview. The questions were mostly a chat between both of us nothing serious mostly asking questions about the role. The technical part is mostly based on CSS,HTML,XML and Java script.