Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview is a four step process. You start with a quick phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the person that would be your manager. Next is an on-site interview where you have one-on-one interviews with multiple people from the department you are interviewing in. The final step is a presentation round with the team you had the one-on-one interviews with.

Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took far too long and not sure why they were interviewing. It seemed they had already hired for the position. I was given the run around by this company for months. I was initially very interested, but I'm not sure a position ever really existed after the first one was filled. During the second time I was invited onsite - one of the interviewers made it pretty well known that I wasn't even her choice to come back onsite. This would have been my direct supervisor, so pretty sure I dodged a bullet. I took 2 days off from work for this charade and walked away from the whole experience pretty annoyed that I spent so much time preparing a presentation and learning about the company without any REAL feedback on why I was not selected.

The recruiter was very professional, but again with no real feedback and so much time invested - wish I would have steered clear of Bazaarvoice.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - tell me about a time with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Bazaarvoice Response

Jun 12, 2017 – VP, Client Success

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I absolutely agree that your interview process was far longer than our ideal, and was not the experience we wanted you to have. We do... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone call about a week after I applied.

First phone call was with the recruiter, very simple, was mainly to screen me. She set up a second phone call with someone else.

About a week later, I had the call with the second person. Lasted about 30 minutes, pretty basic stuff like going over my resume, why I want to work at BazzarVoice etc. He was super cool and it was an easy and relaxed interview.

Few days later I get an email to come to their HQ for a 3 hour interview with multiple people. They email me a schedule and I meet with 3 people, for about an hour each.

I get to BazzarVoice, have a quick tour and I get lead to a small interview room. The room had a schedule with my name on it, a water bottle and a goodie bag with a Starbucks gift card and some BZ swag. Super cool, I've never had a company do this before, so I was pumped.

First interviewer comes in, smiling and super chill. So far so good. She and asks me why I think I'd be good at sales, and the interview immediately goes down hill from there. As I'm talking about why I think I'd be good at it, she interrupts me and states in a very aggressive and condescending tone "That's not what we're looking for, what you're describing is customer service, not sales......do you understand?" This completely threw me off. A. Because she didn't let me finish, and B. because I did not expect her to shut me down like that within the first 2 minutes of the interview. After that, her demeanor completely changed as if she just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. She would look at me with a blank stare, ask me a question, look at her laptop and type. That's it. This lasted for 30-45 minutes until it was time for the next interviewer.

Next person came in, who was the second person I spoke to on the phone prior. We had some small talk and got right into the interview. He was much more relaxed and made me feel more welcomed. He asked me to sell him a few items that he randomly pointed at in the room, which I did, then he coached me on how to improve. This portion lasted about 30 minutes.

Afterwords, the two girls who work in the position I was applying for came in. They were super cool and easy to talk to. We talked about my past sales experience, what the job entailed, and what it was like. As they left they both said they think i'd be great at it.

Final person to come was in the marketing department. This lady was awesome. Super bubbly and fun to talk to. We talked about Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. I wish she had came in first to put me up on a high note and she would have made me felt more relaxed starting out.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviews consisted of two phone interviews and then an in-person rotating interview that lasted nearly 4 hours. The in-person started and ended with 1-on-1 with the recruiter. The second round was with three people working at the same level as the position I was interviewing for. Third round was with prospective manager and fourth round was with someone who had been at the company for quite some time. A fifth round was scheduled but canceled once on site due to some scheduling issues. There is another round after all of this for a presentation either in person or via phone.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied for a marketing position through their careers website and was contacted by a recruiter within a week or so. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone, who asked very straightforward questions about my experience. I scheduled to speak with the hiring manager later that week. Those questions were more specific (about my experience with specific skills required for the position). The interviewer was frank and said that they were looking for someone with more experience. I received a follow-up email from the recruiter the next day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a phone tech interview. Phone interview was your standard 30-min "tell me about yourself" style of questions with a recruiter. Tech interview was over the phone with a Senior Software Engineer and also wasn't too bad. I wasn't having a bad day and missed a fairly easy question, but if you're relaxed and composed you should be able to do just fine. They had said that there's an in-person interview after the phone tech screen but I didn't get that far.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had six onsite interviews in a row. 5 of them are technical white-boarding interviews (3 were 1:1, 2 had two interviews), 1 is a non-technical lunch. Even though the interviewers were really nice and chill, they went straight to the technical questions after a little bit of chit chat. It was tiring at the end of the day.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was called by someone in the HR department for a phone screening and after greetings and introductions they asked me to lead the interview process. As it was early on in my job hunt I was unprepared for this sort of role-reversal during, so I went into my personal pitch. In the future I will now always make sure I am prepared with a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you previously worked for and what relative experience did you gain there?   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2015.

Interview

Best. Interview. Ever.
    Seriously bazaarvoice is no joke. I was treated with such kindness and everyone was so welcoming. I didn't get an offer unfortunately but I still felt like they made the process worth it.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a recruiter, who then asked me to provide work samples. Next, the hiring team invited me to interview onsite. I had five 30-minute interviews with 6 team members.
    Had I succeeded, the next step would have been to perform a writing assignment and present it to the team. I regret that I did not get that far, because I really wanted the opportunity to demonstrate what I could do for BV and its clients. Perhaps I could have gained that opportunity had the interview process been organized differently; specifically, I wish I had been allowed to present my skills and abilities (and ask questions about the team's work) in a comprehensive manner. In hindsight, I feel the information exchanged via the format of five 30-minute interviews was rather scattershot and redundant. It did not help that some interviewers, though they may excel in their roles, lacked the interviewing skill of asking follow up questions to clarify or gain deeper understanding.
    Everyone I encountered throughout the process was pleasant and had a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Which of the company's core values resonates with you most?   Answer Question