Bazaarvoice Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Director Interview Questions

3.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took far too long and not sure why they were interviewing. It seemed they had already hired for the position. I was given the run around by this company for months. I was initially very interested, but I'm not sure a position ever really existed after the first one was filled. During the second time I was invited onsite - one of the interviewers made it pretty well known that I wasn't even her choice to come back onsite. This would have been my direct supervisor, so pretty sure I dodged a bullet. I took 2 days off from work for this charade and walked away from the whole experience pretty annoyed that I spent so much time preparing a presentation and learning about the company without any REAL feedback on why I was not selected.

The recruiter was very professional, but again with no real feedback and so much time invested - wish I would have steered clear of Bazaarvoice.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - tell me about a time with a difficult client, etc.   Answer Question

Bazaarvoice Response

Jun 12, 2017 – VP, Client Success

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I absolutely agree that your interview process was far longer than our ideal, and was not the experience we wanted you to have. We do... More

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in December 2014.

Interview

About 4 weeks after my online application, I got an email from an HR manager to set up a phone screen (half an hour). The second step was a phone interview the next day with the person who would be my boss, after which I was asked to send a note about it to the HR manager from before. The third step was an in person interview with the manager's boss, and finally a presentation on a real-life example of a client problem. (Days in between to prepare your presentation.) Everyone was courteous and smart. They really like big marketing agency experience in a candidate's background for this position, which pleasantly surprised me.

Interview Questions

• The HR manager explained how the CSDs share a pool of about 1000 customers and asked if I saw any problems with that.   1 Answer

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

Interview

Had scheduled an interview with a recruiter. I prepared for the interview (e.g. learning about the company, understanding the position requirements, preparing questions, etc.). I was cut off after 3 minutes of speaking, and the recruiter said I wasn't a fit for the role. Of my 7 years of experience, she didn't let me get past my most recent 2 years, so there wasn't an opportunity to even touch upon 70% of my career experience.

I've interviewed many candidates in the past, and I at least offer them an opportunity to explain their career trajectory and ask me questions about the role. I wouldn't ask someone to provide me with their career experience, and stop them after they've provided only a third of it.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter didn't ask any questions. I was simply stopped after a few minutes, and couldn't explain my career trajectory/experience.   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. The hiring manager explained the whole "process" and told me it would take at least 6 weeks to complete. There were WAY too many stages. They think they are Google or read a book about Google's interview process. The interviewing sounded like they were FORCED to interview people- completely disinterested and disengaged.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but it seemed like they already had a candidate. It was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Director of Events Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

Interview

It was a good experience despite not landing the job. Everyone from HR up was professional, direct, friendly and transparent. I appreciated their feedback. It was fair, well-delivered and accurate. A+.

Interview Questions

• No zingers or deliberately tricky questions. My background just didn’t match up.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Way too long. But at the same time it was ultimately good because they weed out people who wouldn't be good fits. I also think they lose out on just as many good ones. It's a double edged sword.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a sales presentation and present to a panel with 7 days prep time. Goal: Get a meeting with C-level executives.   2 Answers

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

As others have said, it's a process that really tests how much you want the job. If you're excited at the prospect of joining the team at Bazaarvoice, then the process is invigorating and exciting. If not, then I'm sure multiple interviews followed by a presentation is a little daunting. I found the process to be very fair and it gave me the chance to put my best foot forward, vs. most interviews. My .002...look at the presentation part as a new prospect you're trying to land and put in the time needed to distance yourself from the pack.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I was working as a consultant ont the S-1 document, so I did not have to undergo the same interview process as many other departments conducted. However, I believe they were already convinced that I had much of the same qualities and characterstics that the rest of the organization shared.

Interview Questions

• They already had worked with me for two months, so the question was how can we get you on our team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

3 steps: 1 initial basic call, 2 in office interview with 3 people varying from potential team mates to potential manager, 3 presentation role play. Presentation round is tough and really good questions are asked. Many people lose the opportunity on this round.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Bazaarvoice has a great process that is very effective at insuring a candidate is serious about wanting a position. After several phone interviews and discussions, they brought me in to do a presentation (sales pitch) to a room full of people playing the role of the perspective customer. I was not given any information about the presentation other than who my audience would be and what my product focus should be. The presentation went well and overall I thought this process was FAR better than the typical interview track where people ask you seemingly clever questions about hypothetical situations you will never encounter. Asking the candidate to research the company, products, and services to put together his/her own presentation is way more effective at helping both the candidate and the hiring manager glean useful insights. In the end, I did not get an official offer due to some timing and budget issues. Had I been able to wait it out a few more months, I would probably be writing this review as an employee. That said, it's a great company and I would gladly do it all over for the right position.

Interview Questions

• "The Presentation" was a mock sales call   1 Answer