Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had six onsite interviews in a row. 5 of them are technical white-boarding interviews (3 were 1:1, 2 had two interviews), 1 is a non-technical lunch. Even though the interviewers were really nice and chill, they went straight to the technical questions after a little bit of chit chat. It was tiring at the end of the day.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Cedar Park, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First had a live code test over the Internet with an Engineer. Invited to interview in the office a few days later. The in office interview was a full day (almost 9-5) of technical questions, whiteboarding, and discussions. Every engineer started with "solve this problem in your language of choice" and quickly followed up with "what's the O notation of your solution?" They would then increase the difficulty of the problem and repeat. They always left time at the end to address any questions I had for them or the company too. Probably the most difficult interview I've been in.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was called by someone in the HR department for a phone screening and after greetings and introductions they asked me to lead the interview process. As it was early on in my job hunt I was unprepared for this sort of role-reversal during, so I went into my personal pitch. In the future I will now always make sure I am prepared with a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you previously worked for and what relative experience did you gain there?   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2015.

Interview

Best. Interview. Ever.
    Seriously bazaarvoice is no joke. I was treated with such kindness and everyone was so welcoming. I didn't get an offer unfortunately but I still felt like they made the process worth it.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a recruiter, who then asked me to provide work samples. Next, the hiring team invited me to interview onsite. I had five 30-minute interviews with 6 team members.
    Had I succeeded, the next step would have been to perform a writing assignment and present it to the team. I regret that I did not get that far, because I really wanted the opportunity to demonstrate what I could do for BV and its clients. Perhaps I could have gained that opportunity had the interview process been organized differently; specifically, I wish I had been allowed to present my skills and abilities (and ask questions about the team's work) in a comprehensive manner. In hindsight, I feel the information exchanged via the format of five 30-minute interviews was rather scattershot and redundant. It did not help that some interviewers, though they may excel in their roles, lacked the interviewing skill of asking follow up questions to clarify or gain deeper understanding.
    Everyone I encountered throughout the process was pleasant and had a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Which of the company's core values resonates with you most?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They are looking for an Inside Sales Rep role. I interviewed with a Melissa Marcus, their recruiter, who made me do an email response and phone response. I passed that, and had a phone interview with a Sarah Brenamen. I have 10 successful years of experience meeting every quota I have been given, training on SaaS products.. and still do not get an in person interview because supposedly they have 100s and 100s of people applying. I felt very discriminated against for some reason, and have a different opinion about this company now. They are all about reviews, well this one is a bad one about them.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Senior Manager, Demand Gen Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very thorough - there were 2 preliminary phone interviews. One with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Then five back to back in-person interviews at the headquarters location in Austin, TX. Next was an assignment with 3 days prep time followed by an in-person presentation to the marketing team. Lastly there were two final phone interviews with the CMO and a Sales VP.

Interview Questions

• Most significant accomplishment & why   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

Weeks after applying, finally received a call from the sourcer/recruiter. From there, had multiple phone screens with recruiter, team members, manager, etc. Then a several hour onsite interview with multiple people, followed by another phone call from the recruiter and coordinator. There were weeks between the first and second face to face interviews that required a lot of follow up on my end to get any answers (moving forward, not interested, etc.) Finally, heard back and was called in for another several hour onsite interview with more people. Most candidates are likely to be required to give a presentation as well.

Interview Questions

• They wanted step by step instructions/examples of Excel formulas and system procedures.
      They also asked a lot of faux-cultural questions - like do you enjoy dressing up and putting on shows for Halloween, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. They got back to me after a day asking for a soft copy of my resume. I sent the email and after a week they scheduled a non-technical phone interview. After the screen i was told to wait for the next step of the process and that I would be contacted through email to schedule a technical interview. After a week I heard back from them saying that the position was filled and they won't be persuing anymore candidates. They did wish me luck!