Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Weeks after applying, finally received a call from the sourcer/recruiter. From there, had multiple phone screens with recruiter, team members, manager, etc. Then a several hour onsite interview with multiple people, followed by another phone call from the recruiter and coordinator. There were weeks between the first and second face to face interviews that required a lot of follow up on my end to get any answers (moving forward, not interested, etc.) Finally, heard back and was called in for another several hour onsite interview with more people. Most candidates are likely to be required to give a presentation as well.

Interview Questions

• They wanted step by step instructions/examples of Excel formulas and system procedures.
      They also asked a lot of faux-cultural questions - like do you enjoy dressing up and putting on shows for Halloween, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. They got back to me after a day asking for a soft copy of my resume. I sent the email and after a week they scheduled a non-technical phone interview. After the screen i was told to wait for the next step of the process and that I would be contacted through email to schedule a technical interview. After a week I heard back from them saying that the position was filled and they won't be persuing anymore candidates. They did wish me luck!

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department asking if I would be interested in interviewing for a position. I had not submitted a resume, but apparently someone passed my resume to a manager. I agreed to a 30 minute screening interview, after which it became apparent to both the HR recruiter and me that the available position was not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any specific questions that were asked. It was a very conversational interview.   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Phone interview along with multiple online tests, applied through flexjobs.com as this position looked like a great telecommute job that would supplement my full time position. I was looking for a flexible telecommute position that I would be able to perform before and after my regular hours and that would be flexible to those needs.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 3 years   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at university career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview shortly after. Interview was conducted by one of software engineer who was at the career fair and was pretty generic (think algorithms, data structures). Next, recruiter set up a second round interview over the phone with another engineer. This interview was quite short (I think this was mainly the interviewer's preference) but about the same difficulty as the first. Offer was extended after that.

Interview Questions

• Prefer not to disclose the full question but it boiled down to simple a simple OOP problem and then the interviewer extended it to include some math and we discussed the solution afterwards.   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2015.

Interview

Applied though the company website. Received an email from the recruiter the next day wanting to set up a call. After a 30 minute call with the recruiter she set up a call with the hiring manager. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face with the team, 4 members for 30 minutes each. Everything moved quickly and the recruiter was informative of the process and next steps. The office and staff were very professional, setting a great example of what may come.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked what I considered my strengths and weaknesses are individually and with a team.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for an interview with HR about 2 weeks later. The HR representative was good but didn't follow up to provide feedback when she said she would. I had to continually follow up to find that there was a change in hiring managers causing the delay in the process. It appeared to be a great company to work for though and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my experience and my interest in the company.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter through referral. A phone screening was scheduled soon with one engineer. 45 minutes, the usual stuff (collaborative coding exercise). Got to fly in to Austin in person. Good accommodation, limo service from airport to hotel to company and back. There were 5-6 runds of interviews, mostly with other engineers and one QA person. 2 systems design and 3 coding rounds (everything is on the whiteboard). Overall, everyone was nice and fair, the questions were of an average difficulty,

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose due to NDA. The difficulty level was average.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Thorough yet fair. Had two round of interviews with about five persons in each round. They asked detail questions about my experience and how it would relate to the posted role.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

The interview process was short and sweet. Had a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager which led to an in person interview that lasted four hours. This is fairly long for recruiting interviews. I spoke with the entire team during the interview.

I will say that the coordinating was awesome. I had a detailed interview plan sent to me. So I was fully aware of what was going on during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• Everything was fairly normal regarding the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was tough and took a little while. I was also asked to give only a week's notice to my previous employer. I had to negotiate to get a week and a half. Did not feel it was fair at all.