Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was on campus and taking about 45 minutes . Mostly asking questions about my resume, like what were the projects going, what languages I used, what's the hardest/challenging parts of the projects, etc. In the last he asked me to implement a hash table, which needs two functions, put and get.

Management Interview

Interview

Applied at the company's online careers website, an internal recruiter contacted me and had a recruiter screening. Then 2 Phone interviews were set up after. Took about 2 months since the application was submitted.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter and job itself were fantastic, but the one of interviewers was control freak. He never gave me an opportunity to speak about my experience and skills that I could offer. Every time I initiated, he shut me down (he told me to "stop"each time) and wanted to discuss only what he wanted to know for the entire 40 minutes. Then I realized why would I or anyone want to work with this guy?

But the process itself was great. A reliable recruiter who always replied to my questions and set up times/dates without mistakes.
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

we went through phone interview. I couldn't make it to the next level but the lady who interviewed me explained next steps. next interview was technical interview and the last one was presentation based on the data analysis provided 48 hours prior to the presentation date.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter less than a week after I applied to schedule an interview for the position. One minute into the conversation, she realized that I had not graduated and immediately ended the conversation because the position needed to be filled in the near future. She was very unprofessional about the situation and her mistake and the interview was less than two minutes long.

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted on LinkedIn about the position, had a call with the hiring manager that week and then with a VP the next week. Interview process was seamless and they just wanted to gauge interest. The hiring manager was more inquisitive than the VP and the VP seemed to be comfortable passing me onto the next round of interviews with barely any questions asked. After the VP asked if I would be interested in coming into the office for an interview, I agreed and touched base with the hiring manager to schedule. He said he would get back to me in the next few days; however, there was no response. I followed up a few days later, and explained that I had secured another job in the meantime and the hiring manager just responded with an automated email saying they had decided to pursue other options, even though they had wanted to pass me through to the next round and I had already secured another job. It was all professional until the second round interview, which was very loose, and then with the follow up it was very unprofessional. Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth about the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on my past experiences, do I enjoy research, working in an office all day. It's an entry level job, so they don't have too many detailed questions to ask.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was particularly lengthy - 6 interviews in total. Fairly extensive, but also informative with lots of opportunities to learn and ask questions. It was difficult to gauge work culture, interviews felt very buttoned up. A fairly demanding process, as it required producing a campaign to present in the final stage.

Interview Questions

• Requested a pitch / campaign proposal with some stats and a client name. Sort of a shot in the dark creative request.   1 Answer

Syndication Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copperas Cove, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Copperas Cove, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Online and on the phone. The Managers go through a fairly rigorous and getting the paperwork to the managers via fax is more difficult then I imagined (I haven't used a fax machine in years and finding one was difficult)

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

Interview

Had scheduled an interview with a recruiter. I prepared for the interview (e.g. learning about the company, understanding the position requirements, preparing questions, etc.). I was cut off after 3 minutes of speaking, and the recruiter said I wasn't a fit for the role. Of my 7 years of experience, she didn't let me get past my most recent 2 years, so there wasn't an opportunity to even touch upon 70% of my career experience.

I've interviewed many candidates in the past, and I at least offer them an opportunity to explain their career trajectory and ask me questions about the role. I wouldn't ask someone to provide me with their career experience, and stop them after they've provided only a third of it.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter didn't ask any questions. I was simply stopped after a few minutes, and couldn't explain my career trajectory/experience.   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. The hiring manager explained the whole "process" and told me it would take at least 6 weeks to complete. There were WAY too many stages. They think they are Google or read a book about Google's interview process. The interviewing sounded like they were FORCED to interview people- completely disinterested and disengaged.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but it seemed like they already had a candidate. It was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Bazaarvoice recruiter about one week after I applied for the position to schedule a phone screen. The recruiter asked me a few questions about my experience and pace of the projects that I managed. She asked for my current salary and explained their salary offering to determine if I was still interested. She allowed me time to ask some questions about the organization and role. At the end of the interview, she indicated I would have a 30 minute phone screen with one of the hiring managers next.

For the phone screen with a hiring manager, the manager asked a few questions and gave me 50% of the time to ask her questions. At the end of the call, she thanked me for my time. The recruiter contacted me the next day to let me know that they would bring me onsite for three 30-minute interviews with a hiring manager and some peers. They provided the names and tiles of the three people I would interview with when scheduling the interview.

For the onsite interview, the three interviewers focused on different areas. They asked a mix of behavioral and situational questions. Due to time constraints, I only had time for one question for each of them.

The recruiter notified me that they wanted to bring me in for the presentation phase - a mock kickoff call. I would be interviewing with four managers which included a hiring manager. The names and titles of the interviewers were provided when the presentation was scheduled. The recruiter provides you with a one page high-level summary of expectations for the presentation. You are encouraged to be creative to make up what you don't know and to be detailed. You are told be be prepared to handle normal customer questions and objections.

I have will be doing my presentation next week and will re-submit this post with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• They focused on the candidate being able to handle many concurrent projects (up to 30) at the same time as well as dealing with client objections.   Answer Question