Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview.
    The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied. The interview process itself was not bad(phone, test, in person) and one person was friendly enough but their ego seemed to get in the way. The in person interview at the company was the most revealing. If you still want to waste your time going through the process with them, the in person interview should have you running far far away and as fast as you can.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions we're very simple/basic including the test.   Answer Question

I talked to an employee and friend about the company and the company has problems. No individual growth potential for about 80% of it's employees. The company is not sure where it is headed and a very high turn over rate.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews (4+) and a presentation round. The multiple interviews seemed very redundant and I was interviewing with people that would not have been on my immediate team. They had me present on their product. It would have been more beneficial to all had they let me select a topic to show my presentation skills rather than guessing on what they wanted to hear. I am a seasoned presenter and choked on the interview due to the pressure I felt from the group.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Questions

• Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Questions -
    2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
    3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
    4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
    5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submitted resume online through their website. After about 2 weeks I received an email from HR and had a subsequent phone call with the recruiter. Then another call with the hiring manager a week or so later, and finally after about another week I was brought in to meet the hiring manager and three other employees I would be interacting with. Almost a month duration from first contact to the office interviews. The interviews were professional and I feel they asked typical questions for the role. I was told several times during the process that my experience matched well and was "what they were looking for". However, I was told they went with another candidate with similar experience but with more exposure to their industry. I don't necessarily agree that industry experience would be a differentiating factor for this position, and it would have been helpful for them to state upfront if that was a potential deal-breaker. I was surprised, as they didn't seem that myopic during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly interested in my background and past experiences, and had some questions regarding how to handle difficult situations and people. For this role there was no technical assessment required. Because of my experience, I think the on-site interviews were more about personality than whether I was qualified, because I was asked pretty much the same questions that I got from the phone interviews.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Starts with a phone Interview with a recruiter after submitting your resume and cover letter. This was very casual with a few behavioral questions and general information given regarding the background of the company. Following this, there was a technical interview with team member from the team you'd be working with. There are some questions that revolve around skills you placed on your resume that are relevant to the job (which will be listed in the job listing). The final interview was with various members of team and manager to make sure you'd be a good fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• What is left join? What do you know about Google Analytics? What does Bazaarvoice do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Technical Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

First interaction was a phone interview with a recruiter, very straight forward no difficult or unexpected questions.
    Next, was a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was asked mostly behavioral questions about situations I had been in and how I handled them.
    I was then given a technical assessment. I worked with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and JQuery. It was straightforward and not too difficult, but it was timed.
    Lastly, I was brought in for an on-site. I had multiple back to back interviews and the last interview administered a second technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• Using JavaScript, display a paragraph of content when a specific button is clicked.   Answer Question