Bazaarvoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.2

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. The hiring manager explained the whole "process" and told me it would take at least 6 weeks to complete. There were WAY too many stages. They think they are Google or read a book about Google's interview process. The interviewing sounded like they were FORCED to interview people- completely disinterested and disengaged.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but it seemed like they already had a candidate. It was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Bazaarvoice recruiter about one week after I applied for the position to schedule a phone screen. The recruiter asked me a few questions about my experience and pace of the projects that I managed. She asked for my current salary and explained their salary offering to determine if I was still interested. She allowed me time to ask some questions about the organization and role. At the end of the interview, she indicated I would have a 30 minute phone screen with one of the hiring managers next.

For the phone screen with a hiring manager, the manager asked a few questions and gave me 50% of the time to ask her questions. At the end of the call, she thanked me for my time. The recruiter contacted me the next day to let me know that they would bring me onsite for three 30-minute interviews with a hiring manager and some peers. They provided the names and tiles of the three people I would interview with when scheduling the interview.

For the onsite interview, the three interviewers focused on different areas. They asked a mix of behavioral and situational questions. Due to time constraints, I only had time for one question for each of them.

The recruiter notified me that they wanted to bring me in for the presentation phase - a mock kickoff call. I would be interviewing with four managers which included a hiring manager. The names and titles of the interviewers were provided when the presentation was scheduled. The recruiter provides you with a one page high-level summary of expectations for the presentation. You are encouraged to be creative to make up what you don't know and to be detailed. You are told be be prepared to handle normal customer questions and objections.

I have will be doing my presentation next week and will re-submit this post with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• They focused on the candidate being able to handle many concurrent projects (up to 30) at the same time as well as dealing with client objections.   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Interview

Interview

I was encouraged to apply by a personal acquaintance. Submitted resume and was contacted through email to set up a phone interview the following week. Questions were fairly standard, focused on learning more about my background and how I thought I would approach the position. I was emailed within a week informing me that I would not be progressing any further in the process, but I followed up with them for general feedback/advice and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would the skills from my background in a different field transfer to this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a BV recruiter and went through several phone screens followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers/peers. Was flawless up to that point. Then things went way south. BV requires IPMs to do a mock kickoff presentation, but they do not provide you with any details other than to be creative and detailed... which I was. The presentation format provided was as follows... Personal introduction (5 minutes), Kickoff presentations (30-45 minutes) and Q&A (10 minutes). I spent at least 3 or 4 days creating and recreating my presentation based on everything I could find online about the products I was asked to include in my presentation. I was told the presentation would be in front of the people I had already proven myself to in the interview... that was not the case. I showed up and there were 4 strangers, which put me off guard and at a disadvantage , but I knew my kickoff was rock solid. Of course I don't know BV products and a 20+ page kickoff presentation of the unknown required me to read from my notes. Each of the 4 people interrupted me at least once during my presentation to throw objections, which obviously I was not expecting, but I handled them like a pro. It did throw me off course at one point, but I circled back quickly... Or, so I thought. There was no Q&A because they kept interrupting me, so there wasn't anything left to throw at me at the end of my presentation. I asked at the end what they thought about my presentation and was told that it's pretty much exactly what they are using for their kickoff calls, so that was cool. I was then completely blindsided the next day when I received a call from the recruiter telling me that they declined making me an offer stating that "my nerves got the better of me" in addition to they didn't like a couple of my answers to their questions aka "interruptions" during my presentation. The recruiter seemed shocked when I told her that they all interrupted me during my presentation and even stated that they should not have done that. Well, they did. I honestly don't know what they were looking for or who they want, but unless you are flawless, which is impossible if you don't already work there. Don't be surprised at this practice. I most likely have more experience doing PM and implementation than all 4 combined. And their disrespect of their own process and of my time and experience, was kind of a joke. So, if you are experienced and have any self respect, do yourself a favor and pass on BV. They are an immature organization and unless you know someone who works there who can land you a gig OR you receive a 100% unanimous vote on your presentation, even from non-managers who can't even follow their own hiring practices... well... I'm sure you get the point. Lucky for me a "professional" company made me a 6 figure offer, so good luck to BV trusting kids and an immature process to do their hiring.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

HR called me to vet my online application and see if I was interested. They seemed confused as to the job description. It mentioned a "hands on manager", yet when I asked him if it was a hands on role, he said it would be a pure manager role. He suggested it wasn't a good fit for what I was wanting (which may have been true if the job description was accurate and he was just confused as to the "hands on" portion of the role).

Here comes the weird part (and why I gave a negative rating). About 2 weeks later I get an email from him asking if I was still interested in the position. I replied that I was still interested. Then nothing. Crickets. After 4 more emails trying to setup a time to discuss the role, I gave up trying.

This is the most unprofessional HR experience I have ever had.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Whole process was very quick. Everyone was nice and to the point. The lead was friendly and seemed smart. Questions were somewhat dull, and repetitive and has to go through the same questions with each person

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview.
    The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied. The interview process itself was not bad(phone, test, in person) and one person was friendly enough but their ego seemed to get in the way. The in person interview at the company was the most revealing. If you still want to waste your time going through the process with them, the in person interview should have you running far far away and as fast as you can.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions we're very simple/basic including the test.   Answer Question

I talked to an employee and friend about the company and the company has problems. No individual growth potential for about 80% of it's employees. The company is not sure where it is headed and a very high turn over rate.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews (4+) and a presentation round. The multiple interviews seemed very redundant and I was interviewing with people that would not have been on my immediate team. They had me present on their product. It would have been more beneficial to all had they let me select a topic to show my presentation skills rather than guessing on what they wanted to hear. I am a seasoned presenter and choked on the interview due to the pressure I felt from the group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Questions

• Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question