Bazaarvoice Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Sales Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviews consisted of two phone interviews and then an in-person rotating interview that lasted nearly 4 hours. The in-person started and ended with 1-on-1 with the recruiter. The second round was with three people working at the same level as the position I was interviewing for. Third round was with prospective manager and fourth round was with someone who had been at the company for quite some time. A fifth round was scheduled but canceled once on site due to some scheduling issues. There is another round after all of this for a presentation either in person or via phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Bazaarvoice has a very thorough interview process and everyone is required to do a "presentation". The best advice I can give potential candidates is to study all of the resources on their website (including case studies and white papers). If you're interviewing for a sales job you need to be able to sell Bazaarvoice in the interview.

Culture is key here and it is valued above all else (including high sales numbers).

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard overall. The toughest questions revolved around their products and your knowledge of them.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2009.

Interview

Actually interviewed twice here, once in 2007 and again in 2009 for different roles. The first time I turned down the offer the second time I didn't make it past the initial phone screen. Interesting contrast of results I must say. Overall I think Bazaarvoice is a great company with outstanding talent. The interview process moves quick, but very, very complex. Be prepared to know the basic questions - what do they do, who do they compete with, how are they different, etc. Also beneficial to understand the competitive landscape, pricing models, customers, etc. My personal belief is that Bazaarvoice passes over highly qualified candidates because they worded an answer wrong, didn't elaborate enough on a particular question or some other small reason. Point is you have to pass the interview process at 100%...99% will not get you the offer in the end. I can't say I totally disagree with that philosophy, it is what it is.
    Also, be prepared to drink the kool-aid, you have to be passionate and believe that it is your life calling and ultimate duty to work at BV; if you can't get that point across then don't bother. Check out the YouTube videos for more insight into their culture. It's not for everybody and I would argue it's only for a select few.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2010.

Interview

Corporate recruiter called me and just wanted to get an interview scheduled . I committed to meeting in person. 3 one on one interviews and then feedback. Recruiter had complete disconnect with sales management as hiring manager (recently hired) wasn't put on the one on one interview schedule. Don't waste time in this overdone process unless you have an inside track on the opportunity as there is no connect between sales and recruiting. If you have an inside contact they can coach you through the hurdles. I witnessed no sales culture in the place. I interviewed twice on the phone and 3 one on one's and was never asked what kind of money I'm used to. The presentation is too consuming to invest in as you have to build the deck from scratch . I wouldn't go down that road unless you have the inside track. It will be interesting to see if they try and contact the prospect I used in the presentation There were a few online marketing geeks masquarading as sales management ....they had very limited direct sales background in their profiles. These guys kept using buzz words like passion - redflag and typical code word for "fluffy solution" that gets swamped quickly at executive levels in the sales process.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. They were all fluffy product questions   Answer Question