Bazaarvoice Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a recruiter contact me about a month after I applied with my resume. I was given a phone screen shortly thereafter. After passing the phone screen, I was brought onsite for a 6 hour interview. I had three interviews in the morning - each about 45 minutes. Then I was given lunch for 1:15 with a director level person. Then three more interviews at 45 minutes each. I can't remember all of the questions, but here are the ones I can.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen: write a simple compression algorithm to change aaabbbcccaabbbbc into: a3b3c3a2b4c1   Answer Question
  • 1st onsite: given a list, separate out all duplicates into separate lists and return. So take {1,1,2,3,4,4} and return {1,2,3,4},{1,4}   2 Answers
  • 2nd onsite: several design questions about the data structures you would use if implementing a language. It didn't make sense to me - this is probably one of the places I was weak.   Answer Question
  • 5th onsite: several architectural questions about creating a website and making it scalable.   Answer Question
  • 6th onsite: Given a DAG graph, write an algorithm that traverses the graph and returns the first path from point a to point b or none if there is none. Extend that algorithm to return all paths. Extend that algorithm to sum the weight of the nodes in the path.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was straight forward. I was asked questions on my resume, work experience etc. I was called for an onsite interview which was scheduled a week out from my phone interview. Onsite, I had around 6 one on one interviews which took up most part of the day. The interviews themselves involved puzzles and algorithms and was told this is their technical interview. I was not once asked anything about technology or even related to programming concepts. I was surprised to be asked puzzles and such for a senior level job. I did not get a good feel for what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• something to do with a math algorithm on contiguous sets   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2012.

Interview

I first talked to a lady in HR. We talked about my interests and then about Bazaarvoice. She pointed out culture is very important there.

Next was a technical phone screen for about 30 minutes. Then it took awhile to schedule an on-site interview. Bazaarvoice has been on a hiring binge lately so they are backlogged with interviews.

On-site interview was scheduled for 6 hours which included going out to lunch with a couple engineers. I only met with engineers which one of them commented was unusual.

For each 1:1, the engineer told me a little about what they did in Bazaarvoice, answered questions I had and mainly consisted of 1 or 2 problem solving exercises on the whiteboard e.g. how would you traverse a tree in some specific pattern.

A couple engineers also asked what type of company I was looking for, why Bazaarvoice. Of course after what HR told me and what was said in Glassdoor reviews, I said culture was very important to me and that was a big reason why Bazaarvoice attracted me (it was true). I know they definitely liked that answer and helped me get the offer.

I thought the engineers did a good job with the interviews, were fully engaged in the interview and really enjoyed working at Bazaarvoice. They did mention that were going through big changes - a big hiring growth, reorganizing their teams, and even re-writing their software platform.

If you interview there, definitely make sure you mention how important is a company culture.