Bazaarvoice Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bazaarvoice Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a phone tech interview. Phone interview was your standard 30-min "tell me about yourself" style of questions with a recruiter. Tech interview was over the phone with a Senior Software Engineer and also wasn't too bad. I wasn't having a bad day and missed a fairly easy question, but if you're relaxed and composed you should be able to do just fine. They had said that there's an in-person interview after the phone tech screen but I didn't get that far.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had six onsite interviews in a row. 5 of them are technical white-boarding interviews (3 were 1:1, 2 had two interviews), 1 is a non-technical lunch. Even though the interviewers were really nice and chill, they went straight to the technical questions after a little bit of chit chat. It was tiring at the end of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. They got back to me after a day asking for a soft copy of my resume. I sent the email and after a week they scheduled a non-technical phone interview. After the screen i was told to wait for the next step of the process and that I would be contacted through email to schedule a technical interview. After a week I heard back from them saying that the position was filled and they won't be persuing anymore candidates. They did wish me luck!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at university career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview shortly after. Interview was conducted by one of software engineer who was at the career fair and was pretty generic (think algorithms, data structures). Next, recruiter set up a second round interview over the phone with another engineer. This interview was quite short (I think this was mainly the interviewer's preference) but about the same difficulty as the first. Offer was extended after that.

Interview Questions

• Prefer not to disclose the full question but it boiled down to simple a simple OOP problem and then the interviewer extended it to include some math and we discussed the solution afterwards.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was on campus and taking about 45 minutes . Mostly asking questions about my resume, like what were the projects going, what languages I used, what's the hardest/challenging parts of the projects, etc. In the last he asked me to implement a hash table, which needs two functions, put and get.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview.
    The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Questions -
    2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
    3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
    4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
    5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got an e-mail the next week for a position in NY.

Interview Questions

• It was a phone screening and I really hated the fact that the guy went straight into asking "What are you salary expectations?" Which to me is an insult since they are scanning for cheap labor instead on focusing first to see if I was a good match for the company so that we could agree on a salary much later in the process. Glad I don't have to work for those guys.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview first. Introduce yourself and then a coding practice. To find the missing number in n numbers which are in 0~n-1. After passing the phone interview, I got arranged to go to their office to have an onsite, which lasts for 6~7 hours. 6 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Most of problems come from crackTheInterview.

Interview Questions

• I came out of all the problems. But may be not very smooth. I didn't get the offer.   Answer Question