Beachbody Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beachbody Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter who just started screening me on the fly without asking if it was a good time. No follow up email from recruiter. Phone interview with a team leader. Completed Personality Index test online, as well as quantitative test. In person panel interview. No follow-up post interview. I think a courtesy rejection note, even if it's a computer generated blanket note, is a baseline standard. For an applicant who spends hours of time interviewing and takes an online test, ghosting is sub standard. The field of HR is talking now about the crucial importance of the applicant experience and this company fell flat by not following up with any sort of formal rejection.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beachbody in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter the next day. Had a phone interview with the Director that went really well. Scheduled me for an in-person interview a week and a half later. Unlike every other company who knows whether or not a candidate is overqualified for a position by reading their resume and talking on the phone, Beachbody insists on wasting 4 hours of your time in-person before telling you that. They also make assumptions about what kind of employee you'd be. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Beachbody   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

You're brought into a meeting room and a series of four different people with different interactions with the role are brought in one at a time to talk to the candidate for 30 minutes. There doesn't appear to be any coordination among the four as the same questions were asked and there was no real focus. In the end it was a waste of time because BeachBody has an unwritten policy to hire only young candidates - experienced and knowledgeable middleagers are not as valued. In fact some of the young managers doing the interviewing really didn't have the knowledge or experience to be in the position they were in. And you might expect this in their main office which is full of all the exercise and health offices. This interview was for an IT position!

Interview Questions

• There really were no surprises here to justify listing anything special.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Beachbody (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Brief and resume review only, the questions were about sales and in the past and how did i accomplish them. The interviewer was able to recognize my skills very quickly and told me so, this is why he asked me to sell him something and if he bought it then i would have a chance. I sold it !

Interview Questions

• last experience and how do they relate to this job   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beachbody in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and a recruiter contacted me in a day and set-up time to speak. The process has greatly improved in the past 3 years. The process has been seamless. After my phone interview within a day, I received and email to speak to the hiring manager. I love the company and the healthy living lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• How many categories have you managed simultaneously, it doesn't seem like a lot?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

We had to take a 2 hour BS exam. It had questions that were not relevant to the job at hand and really does no assessing of applicants. Before we were even made an offer, we had to take a survey and rate how well HR did. So of course, I wrote that they did a great job since I was still in the middle of the process. These surveys should be given after the entire process!

Product Offer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beachbody (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, within one day was contacted by recruiter. We spoke and they found my experience really matched the position. However, they're apparently not valuing the position as high as the experience they expect. Once the recruiter shared the salary range slated for the position, we had no more to truly discuss since it was half of what I sought at the lower end of my range.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

4-5 hour interview:
    1 hour test
    1 hour - with your future manager (QA manager in my case) and 2 potentional coworkers
    1 hour - with manager of development team
    1 hour - power point presentation describing my previous work experience and answer to few technical questions
    1 hour - manager of QA manager
    10 min - HR representative

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the challenges on your previous jobs and how you overcame them   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition-Sourcer(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with two other members of the team. The process was fairly easy. I think this was more of a culture fit type of an interview, Very laid back and I had a very positive experience.

Product Offer Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beachbody in February 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone call with hiring manager, who has only been at the company for 4 weeks, and a call with the Director of Product Offer for 30+ minutes. Some of the questions were difficult, I can't determine whether it was because they were poorly stated/asked or if I just simply didn't understand the question. I was told that the next steps would be communicated to me by the hiring manager, but I never heard from them. I did write a thank you e-mail and I still haven't received a response. I do think that, while not all companies give a formal decline, it would be a step in the right direction for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you recognized an employee's skills and utilized/developed it.   Answer Question