Beachbody Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Offer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (El Segundo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Four 30 minute interviews back-to-back. Each 30 minute interview ranged from 1 to 2 people. They asked a lot of repeat questions so it was kind of like having the same interview four times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a co-worker didn't see eye-to-eye and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Associate Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone calls and in-person

Interview Questions

• Not very formal - not pre-determined questions. Unexpected - Prefer fitness or nutrition?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter fairly quickly. They went back and forth with the resume to determine which role I would be better fit for and then sent me a link to take an online test.

The test for very simple about 10-15 questions with multiple choice answers. Next they set up a skype /phone screen. Questions on basic java concepts, spring, design patterns were asked.

A few days later I was called for an in person interview. There were 5 rounds of 1:1 with interviews with the Vice President, hiring manager, architects, team lead and software engineers. Overall the interview process was good.

The office environment had a good vibe, they provide access to their gym and other programs.

Interview Questions

• Define a datastructure for storing billions of records in memory, spring bean factory and application context, hibernate session   1 Answer

Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Shortly before I applied for the position, within 3 days or so, a friendly recruiter called me. He asked me a few questions and scheduled a face to face interview. I received a detailed email including directions, map, schedule and application which was suppose to be filled out prior to my interview. The face to face interview consisted with meeting the recruiter, the hiring manager, the director the manager reported to, an excel test as well as a critical thinking test. I only had 30 minutes to interview with each individual. It felt like it was a very fast paced interview and they were only interested in knowing technical skills. I did not receive not a single behavioral questions. The excel to me seemed easy. By the time I took the test I was tired. However, I hadn't ate all day and it was already 3pm by the time I took the test.

Interview Questions

• The critical thinking test is something that one couldn't really prepare for.   1 Answer

Strategic Planning, Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview

Applied online, 14 hours later without any heads up I received a phone call (from a number I did not recognize) asking me if I was available to interview on the phone then and there. I've never had an employer contact me with zero regard for my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Salary requirements.   2 Answers

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process. Met with the manager and then had a 30 minute assesment test on the computer, i.e. "logic" questions. Next step was the vice president and panels of managers and colleagues.

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process started on the phone and then in-person. Mix of behavioral (including why I made the career choices I made) and case-type questions. In person, I met several of members of the leadership team, including the president. And then never heard back. Totally got ghosted. Not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three words to describe you   1 Answer

Build Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Three phase interview. On the phone with three managers and then on site interview. Fairly standard interview and hiring process.

Negotiation

Relocation assistance.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview

Smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very reasonable offer in line with what I had in mind.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beachbody in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter the next day. Had a phone interview with the Director that went really well. Scheduled me for an in-person interview a week and a half later. Unlike every other company who knows whether or not a candidate is overqualified for a position by reading their resume and talking on the phone, Beachbody insists on wasting 4 hours of your time in-person before telling you that. They also make assumptions about what kind of employee you'd be. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Beachbody   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Beachbody.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter who just started screening me on the fly without asking if it was a good time. No follow up email from recruiter. Phone interview with a team leader. Completed Personality Index test online, as well as quantitative test. In person panel interview. No follow-up post interview. I think a courtesy rejection note, even if it's a computer generated blanket note, is a baseline standard. For an applicant who spends hours of time interviewing and takes an online test, ghosting is sub standard. The field of HR is talking now about the crucial importance of the applicant experience and this company fell flat by not following up with any sort of formal rejection.