Beacon Health Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beacon Health Strategies Interview Questions

2.8

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone by two people. They seemed very down to earth and answered all my questions. Was almost like I was talking to old friends rather than potential employers.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to make the switch from working with clients to managed care?   Answer Question
    • How do I feel about working remotely?   Answer Question
    • Would I be willing to travel to MA for 2-3 weeks for training?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. When I applied, it asked for minimum salary requirements which they exceeded.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies (Boston, MA).

Interview

Typical, a little on the tedious side. Standard questions. Process was completely over telephone. Due to external / personal matters needed to withdraw application from consideration. Seems to be a solid company to work for based on own research and their background.

Interview Questions

• Why are you still interested when salary was below your minimum?   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went smoothly, interviewers were friendly and professional, very unlike the environment I ended up working in. They were intentionally deceptive related to the anticipated workload, hours of work, other expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is an area of weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and it took about two weeks for them to call me. I was scheduled for a phone interview and the time and date the interviewer was supposed to call me, she did not call. She called later that day and asked could she call me back in 10 minutes to do the interview and I agreed. She did not call until the next day. I did my phone interview with the hiring manager and was referred to another phone interview locally. I had the phone interview without incident and was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview went well, I was referred to do a writing sample. I had to email the recruitment person from the first interview to get it, even though she was supposed to send it to me. She said that she had sent it to me before (which she had not) she may have gotten me confused with someone else. I turned in my writing sample and never heard from them again. Did not get a letter saying that I was hired or was not hired. I emailed to follow up to see if they were still hiring for the position and got no response. I heard from someone who worked there that they were on a hiring freeze and did not hire anyone. But I never received official correspondence stating anything.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about case management and asked to give the experience that you have managing cases that have both medical and mental health concerns.   Answer Question

UM Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies (Cypress, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted an online application and received a call 30 days later. The position was full but was offered to interview for another location. Interviewed within the week by a panel of 3. They were polite and honest about the work being stressful and not having face to face contact with clients. Performed a knowledge test, I would advise applicants review types of medications and abbreviations for dosages. I also had a short typing test.

Interview Questions

• Obviously the one we all know and love, what would my supervisor say is my weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the position within 3 days and negotiated the salary (the first time I've ever done this). The recruiting manager worked with me and I accepted their final offer.

Lcsw Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies in November 2014.

Interview

it was a large fair in a hotel lobby that was very disorganized, apparently positions were handed out on first come first serve basis with exception to those jobs that were given to friends of the management team that was hiring.

Interview Questions

• my years of experience and my managerial skills. I was never asked about data entry or computer work other than a knowledge of outlook and word and yet 95% of the job was sitting at a desk working on a faulty software program. With extremely limited training.   1 Answer

Provider Network Contracting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies (Woburn, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by an immediate report and the director of the department. Some of the questions overlapped.Asked various questions about my previous position and other aspects from volunteering at two different nonprofits that I thought would add value to my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• If I understood the role. Offhand I can't remember the rest.   1 Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies.

Interview

I applied online in August 2014. I received a phone call from HR within 4 days and scheduled the first interview for 2 days later. The HR recruiter was 3 1/2 hours late calling me for the interview. She asked basic questions about my resume. She also mentioned position requirements and necessary skills that weren't included on the job posting, such as 25% travel.

A week later, she called to schedule another interview with the position's manager for in a couple of days. The interview consisted of primarily behavioral questions.

They scheduled another interview for 3 weeks later. The interviewer ate lunch during it, and didn't really ask questions. She just talked about the company and its growth. She was unable to communicate the company's strategy for managing change, its growth, and potential for employees to grow and develop with the company.

In sum, they communicated quickly about interviews, but the organization sends mixed messages about the position. It also seemed to lack planning to manage its growth, including how and when it would convey changes in employees' roles to them. The company read as a "do what we say, don't ask questions" organization.

Interview Questions

• If you had a looming deadline and needed information from another department, how would get what you needed to meet the deadline?   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beacon Health Strategies (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very easy once it gets setup. Only beginner level question they ask because employee itself are not that experienced specially Managers and director.
    College grad also can pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• easy like beginners.only 3-4 person take an interview. and questions are fixed for everybody. so not a big deal
      College grad also can pass the interview.   Answer Question

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. Received a call over a month later to set an appt for a phone interview. The lady Never called. I called the number that was given to me & she didn't even answer the phone! I left a message and did not get a call back.