Beacon Hill Staffing Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Over the years, I have registered and met with representatives from other agencies, when exploring my options or needed work and I have never had the experience that I had with Beacon. They treated me like I was a human being and not a quota. They were persistent and followed-up and followed through on every step of the process and interview. They continued to send me out on interviews until I landed the right job. Most agencies would give up if you aren't selected for the first job they send you on and you never hear back from them again. Not with Beacon Hill, they were relentless and persistent and never gave up. I had the pleasure of working with MacKenzie. She was great. She listened and genially cared about finding the right fit for me. Mackenzie and her colleagues dedication and hard work paid off, I was offered a position with a great company. I could go on and on for days about my great experience with this agency. As far as I am concerned. I would refer anyone looking for a job to Beacon Hill. They will always be number "1" in my book.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that I couldn't answer. I prepared myself for this interview as I do for all of my interviews. The agency also went over the interview process with me as well to make sure I was prepared.   Answer Question

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively seemless. My Beacon Hill Recruiter was thorough in preparing me for my interviews with the employer, prompt in contacting me with updates, and prompt in following up with me after my interviews.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing during the period in which you have been unemployed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

They use a standard registration interview with general questions about background and experience. About 20 minutes any friendly rather than confrontational

Interview Questions

• They are simply trying to get a general idea of your background and tell you what to expect from contract attorney work. No questions are intended to trip you up   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Like most legal contract attorney postions each project as a preset rate as well as cap on hours and window of work.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a member of the management team, who, as expected, asked questions about my resume - including law school experience, subsequent legal experience, and interests in the legal field. I received a description of the nature of the contract work, and was asked questions about my familiarity with the software used for such work.

Interview Questions

• Why did you specialize in this particular field of law?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiters e-mailed me to set up an interview. A recuiter interviewed me for 20 minutes regarding the e-discovery tools I had used and the QC and second level review experience that I possessed.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about working as a contract attorney?   1 Answer
    • How many documents do you code per hour?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with all divisions at the Boston location. Not one of them followed up with me after I left. Never heard from them again. Very disappointing would not recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions

Beacon Hill Staffing Group Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator and Internal Talent Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate hearing directly from you. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience working with our firm. If you are still interested, we... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with two recruiters, one who handles temp work, and one who handles permanent positions. Both were highly professional, friendly and helpful. They were extremely communicative and enthusiastic, and genuinely pleased to meet me.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group.

Interview

In the interview, we went over my previous experience, I described what kinds of jobs I am looking for, and the recruiter gave me tips on my resume. Overall it was very pleasant and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very efficient and professional interview process. It only took no more than three weeks, including email test, phone screening, and in-person interview. I like this process because they really focus on your capability rather than the resume.

Interview Questions

• Some basic coding questions, which are related to the contractor position.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (North Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Like most, I responded to an online posting. I was excited to receive a callback asking if I could come in for an interview that afternoon, and was even more thrilled to be talking to someone about getting a job after more than a year of being unemployed.
    My rep forwarded me the BH application forms, which I actually filled out and emailed back. (My rep was impressed that I'd filled them out - she said most don't bother, then get upset when they have to take that time at the office. Go figure.)

She assured me that I should have no trouble getting work; I've worked for over twenty-five years, and almost fifteen in my target industry (legal) - and, she said, it's a bonus that I actually have a J.D.

All told, there was not a lot of Q&A, just "fill this out" and "sign here." A brief run-through of the benefits at BH (which would be great, including medical insurance, retirement, etc), and a lot of opportunities to expand my current skills. (In this economy, I would love more Real Estate - specifically foreclosure and title - or actual Corporate doing actual M&E.)

I very specifically told the Rep: I'm willing to learn, I'm willing to take a _lot_ less money than what my credentials and experience qualify me for, especially in order to get the experience; I don't require a secretary, I know how to make coffee for the office and I don't care if I'm the one doing it -- I just need the work. NOW.

I specifically asked how long she thought it would take for me to start working. Rep's response: "About a month."

It's been almost three months. I'm still waiting. So even though I've "officially" signed with the agency, I'm still unemployed.

Interview Questions

• What do you mean you're not making enough money to support yourself?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Hill Staffing Group in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process went well. Very comfortable and clearly outlined from the beginning. My interviewer started by telling me about the position and about Beacon Hill itself before moving on to the actual interview. The questions were all pretty standard, why do I want to work there? How is this different?