Beam Global Spirits & Wine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beam Global Spirits & Wine Interview Questions

Interviews at Beam Global Spirits & Wine

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine.

Interview

Submitted resume through a friend who works there. Phone screen with HR, 4 30-min behavioral interviews, 3 1-hr interviews that were case/conversational. Very quick and smooth process as they were looking to hire someone ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Consulting type case question about whether to buy a company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward negotiation of salary/start date.

AP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Clermont, KY) in September 2012.

Interview

This interview was set-up by some company in Texas. This person worked extremely hard to get me the interview. I wasn't given an address. Beam Global in Clermont, KY is a large campus. I ended up at a temporary location that this particular department was using. Interview was OK.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with working in a Global Business Services Center or a Shared Services Center?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine.

Interview

I had several phone interviews. Everyone was very friendly, I would recommend doing research on their brands before interviewing. It was consistently several weeks before I head back for the next interview. I interviewed once with an HR rep, once with the hiring manager, and once with several members of the team. All were conducted via phone. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly questions about my experience and background. You can tell they have a great company culture and everyone is excited to work there and enjoys their job. They seem to really spend a lot of time finding the perfect fit for their team, rather than filling the position as fast as they can, which is admirable.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you worked in a team and were proud of the outcome.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Deerfield, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

They brought me in for the day. It consisted of meeting hiring manager, Controller, HR Manager and lunch with peers.

ABM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Deerfield, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume through former classmate, HR reached out for initial phone interview. Has been two weeks and haven't heard anything either way. Next steps would be several rounds of case and behavioral interviews.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Deerfield, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

My initial interview was well organized and professional. I met with three people, each for an hour. Each person asked his own questions, and everyone was friendly and interesting. They all commented that the position needed to be filled ASAP. My second interview was scheduled two weeks later. I arrived 15 minutes early and proceeded to wait 90 minutes for the interviewer. 90 minutes!! An admin assistant came to me and said he was tied up in a meeting and they would call me to reschedule. That was on a Friday afternoon. The following Monday I was told that there would be no interview because I was unprofessional for leaving after 90 minutes of waiting. I was shocked and quite disappointed in the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the VP who is supposed to interview you does not show up?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Deerfield, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

3 hour interview with 4 different people. Mostly from what is in my resume

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

It starts with the phone interview, followed by a personal sit-down interview and then if you are deemed to have been a prospective candidate, they will contact you again for a final interview with more than 1 person, possibly 2 or 3 depending on where you are in the country.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about 1 of your most difficult situations from a past job that you had to overcome in order to move forward with your career.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine.

Interview

3 phone interviews and 3 face to face, one with supervisor, one with visional manager, one with regional VP

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of specific questions about past situations.   Answer Question

Manager of Financial Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Beam Global Spirits & Wine (Northbrook, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

My in-person interview with the HR manager lasted about 45 minutes. He was on time for the appointment and had obviously read my resume in advance. I thought the interview went well, but the feedback from my recruiter was not good.

I did get the impression that there was a lot of competition for the job, and that I was one of several candidates being screened by HR. Maybe I came across too strongly for the interviewers taste, but that is the only time in approximately 20 screening interviews over the last three job searches that I didn't pass the screening interview.

Although the company is engaged in the production and distribution of alcoholic beverages, and I get that booze is the product, it was weird walking around the office and seeing all the bottles (full) on display. Maybe that is something to which employees just grow accustomed after awhile, but for guests and first-timers, I think it's very grating and "in your face".

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer