Bear Stearns Associate, Private Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Associate, Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bear Stearns (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews for completion of MBA.
Intense interviews.
On campus for initial, then in New York City.
Must have MBA.
I had 5 interviews.
Was offered the job on the spot in New York after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting very technical questions but did not get any questions i thought were hard.
    In retrospect, i think they expect you to be pretty smart after getting your mba from a top school.
    I think they were most interested in finding out if they liked you enough to work with you in a highly intense work environment where you are expected to do everything quickly and perfectly -- no fails allowed.
    Your resume and past experience is very important, you must have some solid accomplishments and prove it.
    Must be a quick thinker in the interview and don't show any weakness because this truly is a highly intense environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied during tech wreck, and it was really tough to just get the job. Many firms did not hire or laid off their brand new bankers a few weeks after hiring them.
There was not much negotiation, I was very excited to just get a job. They told me what i would get. However, I turned the offer down initially, because i still had more interviews. But I accepted after my interviews, about a week later.