Beardwood&Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beardwood&Co. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Beardwood&Co.

AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beardwood&Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Difficult questions. interviewed by 2 people, CEO was supposed to attend but didn't. interviewed on a friday afternoon in the summer and most were still working hard. interviewers alluded to an intense and tight knit work environment with big personalities.

Interview Questions

• what would your creative team say about working with you?   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Beardwood&Co..

Interview

One interview, but the process was super good. I came in for a chat to get some information on the position, and it a natural conversation where we both walked away with the information we needed to make the right decision. I was in the process of deciding between starting my own company or joining an existing one, and if I had not started my own, I would have loved to join this one.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beardwood&Co. in October 2012.

Interview

Beardwood&Co. has a very thorough interviewing process. I was brought in for 3 interviews total over 2 days. During the first interview, a Senior Designer had me walk him through my portfolio, specifically choosing a few projects and walking through my process in detail.

The next week, they had me come back in for 2 interviews back-to-back. The first one was with another Senior Designer, as well as the founder of the company. They had me walk through my projects as well, and asked me for an example of when something had gone wrong in a project, and how I'd rectified the situation.

Lastly, I met with the two other partners of the firm. Our conversation was both about my work and my hobbies. We talked about our favorite movies, and my favorite video game. It gave me a chance to get to know whether I wanted to spend 40+ hours a week with these people, and I left the interview with a recommendation of a documentary I'd like.

All in all, specifically because of the conversations I had in these interviews, I decided to turn down a higher-paying offer to work with Beardwood&Co.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't a designer, what would your secret dream job be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My previous salary was at the high end of the range for my position, and I was afraid I'd have to take a pay cut moving to a new company. Beardwood matched my previous salary, but were very clear up front that I would not be able to negotiate higher. I thought this was very fair and straightforward.

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beardwood&Co. (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring experience was smooth and thorough. Each person I met with was prepared, professional and eager to engage in a constructive dialogue. The questions asked were thoughtful and reflected the personality of the group/environment. There was an overall sense of positive energy centered around finding the right fit to join their unique group.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you failed and and talk us through how you responded or what you learned from the failure.   Answer Question