Beat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Beat

2.9

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beat (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process took almost 1 month but it was amazing because HR team always is contacting you regarding the process in the company, they always are open to questions that you might have, answer you in a very kind way. The process start with a home test, once I passed it, I had 3 interviews face to face.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Beat (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one via zoom of 30 min, where we discussed generally about my CV, the company and the position, and one double interview of 2, 5h. The first hour I was interviewed from an HR member and the following 1 5h I was interviewed by a scrum master and a qa tester(technical interview)

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beat (New York, NY).

Interview

I got through two filters, the first one a written test and the second one an interview with a city launcher officer. I didn't call back because I had received an offer from another company, but they never contacted me back to let me know if I had gone through after the interview or not. So make sure to ask when you will have feedback and/or if you may call them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in your previous job that you managed to solve.   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Beat (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

✅ The overall experience was great.
    ✅The interviewers were kind and friendly
    ✅The procedure took just two weeks
    ✅I found the interviewer when I needed
    ✅ Consistency on the dates of the procedure
    ✅ Very friendly environment in total

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my professional experience and my studies   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Beat (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

First there was a Zoom interview. Two weeks later they have called me to inform I have successfully passed the first stage and sent me two case studies to prepare in 3 days. Last stage was an approx 2-hour interview in their premises.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Beat (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

The recruiter shared a very clear overview of the role and the process. Started with HR screening, following by the hiring manager round. This was followed by a case presentation to evaluate the data-driven approach and applications to building products around ML. In the final stages there were 3 more rounds with various stakeholders for the role. Everyone was very open and friendly in the discussions, and the entire process was an enriching experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions around working experience with applying ML to real-life data   Answer Question

Senior Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beat (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2020.

Interview

I was doing the interview for another role but got rejected. I then reached out to my colleague who worked at Beat to give me a referral for another role. Then the recruiter reached out to me and we had the screening interview, hiring manager interview, other stakeholder interview.

The last interview step is multiple team interviews grouped in one day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly things related to the role, it can be very detailed and covers situational and knowledge based questions.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Beat (Athens (Greece)) in May 2020.

Interview

I was contacted trough Linkedin and even tough I haven't heard anything about the company, the project looked interesting so I agreed to move on. I was contacted by a HR person then the next interview was with a technical person. It was a general discussion about my day-to-day job and professional experiences. They decided to move on to the next step in the recruiting process, which was a 4 days home assignment. I postponed the home assignment a few times, until I finally decided. I had to resolve a problem related to the company profile in such a way the resulted program to make good use of Go concurrency primitives, to be efficient and has a high data throughput.

It was an interesting challenge and based on my assumption I managed to resolve all the requirements, however a few days later I got the response where I was told that with much regret they decided to not move forward. The motivation was totally out of context. They told that the result were not the one they have expected, however they didn't mentioned what should have been the correct result. Also they mentioned that I didn't provided a description about how the program should run, even though it was clearly documented in the README file. They also mentioned that my implementation of the concurrency primitives were suboptimal leading to slow performance, however my program got executed in a few milliseconds and I followed the best practices in running the program concurrently.

I was totally blown away by the received feedback, since many of the motivations were totally misleading, just to not say untrue.

Since I'm a senior developer with a good understanding of the Go language I was completely disillusioned about the received feedback. I'm not recommending for anyone to waste 4 days from his life in making this assignment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beat (Athens (Greece)) in April 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a head-hunter over an "interesting position".
    It was a 100% remote job where the headquarters are in Athens, Greece.

Greece is really big with outsourcing, so in a way it was like an interesting senior position in India, did not make much sense, in a country where talent is extremely cheap, plus (according to the head-hunter) much of their workforce is remote, so it's like outsourcing squared.

I looked up the company on github and it seemed more or less ok, nothing special, typical wannabe php to go transition, where "they take their time to transition, prioritizing issues", and also they had a very large anti-pattern (using an in-house microservice framework maintained by one person).

I told the head-hunter that the senior software developer position did not sound legit, but he insisted that the company was totally golden, and I went ahead with the interview against my gut feeling.

I got a first filter with an outsourced guy, who basically asked me if I wanted the job.

The company was ok with the interview, so they sent me the take-home test.

I have never seen such a brazen attempt to get free code in my entire career.

The test involved creating a batch program that would:

- go through incorrect data and straighten it, using an algorithm that was exactly their ride-calculation formula, up to the smallest detail
    - be heavily multithreaded
    - "Assume we will try to pipe several GBs worth of samples to your script"
    - have "A brief document with an overview of your design"
    - have "A comprehensive unit and end-to-end test suit for your code."

I can only imagine the kind of abuse that goes on daily in a company that does not even pretend to be encumbered by morals from the first contact.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beat (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2020.

Interview

GHOSTED by Beat

I am quite disappointed in this company, I had high hopes but it seems they do not focus on candidate experience or value the hours invested with them. After completing positive interview rounds with TheBeat, I received a rejection letter basically stating I was over qualified for the role with no feedback on any of the rounds. Logically, I reached out to a recruiter for some sort of clarity on what was missed. I waited a couple days and received no response.... Okay, surely the email was missed, right?

I then pinged a 2nd recruiter on the same email thread and have not heard back in over a week which seems to be deliberate ghosting of a senior candidate. Since this kind of behaviour is not tolerated in any recruiting org I am familiar with, I thought I would write a gentle review here on Glassdoor. I hope someone at the company sees this.

The interview process is as follows:

Intro video call - 1 hour
    Formal video interview - 1 hour
    Formal video interview - 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the entire recruiting process that you are most comfortable with   Answer Question