Beaumont Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Beaumont Health

2.7

Sort:

Ward Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beaumont Health in January 2014.

Interview

Very thorough and fair though they could've explained a bit better during hiring as opting into insurance benefits was not clear; simple questions and answers; wpm test administered during second round of interview process

Interview Questions

• a word per minute exam is administered   1 Answer

Case Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

This was by far the most relaxed interview I have ever been in. It went on for almost 1 1/2 hours. With this being so laid back she brought out all the qualities in me that would make me the perfect candidate. She was also very impressed.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Troy, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

First interview was with an HR employee. The questions were straight forward tell me about a time when..., what I like best about scribing, all relevant questions. Second interview was with the chief scribe and chief physician of the EC. Similar questions to HR. Everyone was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• There were no odd ball questions. everything was straight forward and relevant to the job and my experience. Had to take a spelling test, medical terminology test, and typing test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate compensation. Ultimately left the position as it didn't pay enough, particularly compared to other EC positions who made much more than scribes yet required less experience, education, and knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Troy, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

The pre interview is very strict. You have to answer a bunch of medical terminology questions, take a spelling quiz, and a typing test. The spelling test was I think 25 words and either you checked it if was spelled wrong or left it if it wasn't. The words had nothing to do with medicine or a hospital.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part for me was the typing test. I was one word per minute short of the requirement and was told I couldn't continue. I have to go back in two weeks to try again.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grosse Pointe, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Grosse Pointe, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

First there was an interview at the hospital, then the HR department at a different location along with a typing test as well as a medical terminology test. The whole process took a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not agree with a coworker.   1 Answer

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Trenton, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was peer interview with the lab manager, lab tour, then with the HR recruiter. The HR recruiter asked the most questions but the basic interview questions. The peer interview wasn't so much question but more like describing what it was like to work there.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Types of instrumentation experience?
      If you liked your old job?
      Types of experience?
      What would your manager say about you?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Troy, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Very short with standard questions. Needed to know I knew how to use a computer, excel, word, etc. I was also shown other employees desks and how the work was done.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Royal Oak, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Bar none, worst speed of response of any company I have applied to, and I had an internal referral from a VP. There is no consistency in the contact from HR. You get initial (automated) feedback right away then there is a black hole of inconsistency for in my most recent case - months. I interviewed for this on more than one occasion, and ended up taking another role with another company. It was almost humorous how late they informed me the position was filled. I applied in May 2017. I just got the rejection in Nov 2016. I ended up taking a job at another firm with a base salary of $50,000 more than the compensation cap for this opportunity. Horrible process Beaumont. I really hope you are better at practicing medicine than practicing HR.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grosse Pointe, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beaumont Health (Grosse Pointe, MI) in July 2018.

Interview

I got a quick response and the interview covered everything that was expected. I got to provide examples from former jobs. We spent alot of time talking about all of the rules and what needs improvement.

RN Interview

Interview

I'm a new grad and applied for a job on a general med surg floor. I received a call about a week after I submitted my application online. I went to school out of state and wasn't available for the interview until early June. I first met with the lady at HR and then was escorted to the floor that I had applied for. There I'm at the charge nurse and one of the nurse managers and interview with both of them. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel extremely comfortable! I'm still waiting for HR to contact my references and give me a call back regarding the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to become a nurse?   Answer Question
    • What obstacles have you overcome to be here today?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Beaumont?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you dealt with a difficult patient   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you arrived for your shift, and your patient is complaining about the care they received by the previous nurse?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you entered a older patients room and he was restless, and anxious and potentially a harm to himself or others?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you showed that you were a team player   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and what you did to resolve the conflict   Answer Question