Bechtel Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. I was then contacted by the same HR person prior to the interview date, about scheduling conflicts with the interviewers and the interview had to be postponed.

The interview had to be postponed a second time and I can't remember the reason for that one. I understand that unfortunate things can happen, like sick kids and other things.

My interview date was coming up again and this time I didn't not receive anything about conflicts with the interview time. I called the conference number at my scheduled interview time and waited for about 10 minutes. No one else was on the line but me. I called the HR lady once again and explained to her what happened. She called me back a few minutes later to tell me that the Engineering manager that I was supposed to interview with was in a meeting and they went over the meeting time.

I was offered to reschedule once again. At this point, I felt that they had little respect for my time. I agreed to reschedule with the condition that it would be a face to face interview. I was going to be in the Washington DC area for an interview with another company and that was the only reason I did not decline to continue.

During the interview, I was met by the engineering manager. The second interviewer showed up late during the the interview.

After the interview, I never heard from them again. I tried to follow up after the interview, but instead I just kept getting bounced around to different HR people. This was the most unprofessional interview process I have ever been a part of.

To summarize:
1. phone interview rescheduled twice
2. third time, interviewers completely forgot about my interview
3. one of the interviewers showed up late to interview
4. never heard from them again after interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were basically questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

first interview then phone

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult. Most of them were just behavioral question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was casual, yet thorough. We discussed my academics, internship experience, and my interest in the position. There wasn't really any technical questions, but they did emphasize the openness to travel.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to travel and relocation, domestically or internationally, for an indeterminate amount of time?   1 Answer
    • How would you apply your prior experience to your new position and the company?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2013.

Interview

not so many procedure. Chief or manager will see you and talk to your. there may be a quiz for you. you must finish the calculation. depends on your position, some times it's ok if you can do the calculation.

Interview Questions

• calculate the short circuit current for a typical simple power system   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel (Chandigarh (India)).

Interview

came to campus, general electrical questions, degree merits did counted.

Negotiation

none

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

The graduate scheme has changed significantly but was the usual mix of competency based questions and group tasks

Interview Questions

• Please draw the starter circuit for a star-delta motor starter, this was to demonstrate my experience as I had mentioned it in the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available