Bechtel Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Scheduled interview at the Fall career fair of 2013. The Interview was conducted on campus at the top floor of the Hornbake library. Bechtel had most chemical engineering offices focused in Texas. I only had one interview that included behavior questions. I was asked if I preferred a management role, working with other engineers, or a design/simulator role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a deadline and how you planned your work to successfully meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel in September 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through the information session they typically hold at our campus (Big Ten) twice a year before the career fair. As always they have almost everyone in my major (Civil Engineering) and even others wanting to talk to them right after.

Now, not to say that this says everything but my school has been among the top 5 Civil schools for a LONG time in the country and internationally well known. So their constant presence at our campus every year is easily understood for many reasons...the name of our university, their 'political relations' with university, and of course students etc.

CAUTION- What I dont understand is how educated smart individuals are fooled by these companies into believing that the time they are taking to review the profile is in reality the time they are using to find better candidates than you and tell you LIE that they are finding you a right fit!

They took 3 months and 4 re-applies as their system kept losing all the candidates and ultimately said no after which I complained about their attitude and working to ETHICAL office who put them to task by making them answer..university requested me to not pursue this so that their reputation is not tarnished but guess what Bechtel...we live in a transparent world.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Lafayette, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Campus interview - at spot.
    Asked question about past experience, education skills and leadership
    looking for inter personnel skils and overall aptitude

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me; there was no job description. I was puzzled to be interviewed by two individuals from disciplines very different from mine, one very senior and uninterested, the other very junior and attempting to use the interview as platform for learning. Although they correctly guessed somebody with my job title should handle the task they identified (also correctly), the way they went about filling the vacancy (if real) was unprofessional and incompetent in every regard. The junior interviewer was picking my brain and gave me some behavioral advice in the end that included wagging finger. I regret I did not leave on my own, since it took me only few minutes to figure out what was going on. The vacancy is still advertised 10 months later, which is actually critical to the task, if real.
    Overall surreal, and even folks who know me have a hard time believing the story. One would think something like this can't happen in a reputable organization.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer attempted to identify technical issues in the complex task.
      HOW DO WE DO IT?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in June 2009.

Interview

I applied using the company's website. Human resources called me to set up an interview and flew me down. When I arrived, an HR person went over the employee benefits. I then had three separate one-on-one interviews with engineers. Each one lasted about 45 minutes and was very conversational in nature. Overall, the experience was very typical.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online then the process took 1 month, they just called me and invited me to in person interview. There was no online test and no telephone interview. The people were quite friendly.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was a previous college alum so it went smooth . asked about previous interview . Yet to hear from them

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel in September 2011.

Interview

The interview went pretty well, it was a typical behavioral question type interview. The interviewers were friendly and respectful.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize based on the assigned task, duty or project?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in April 2011.

Interview

The recruiter set up the phone interview and then the personal interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Problems faced during the implementation of the project and its resolution   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel in February 2011.

Interview

After I submitted my resume online to the career service, I got a call for interview on campus. It was a simple interview with questions related to my resume and behavioral questions.