Bechtel Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Engineering Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a very Simple process
I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions

• No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Scheduled interview at the Fall career fair of 2013. The Interview was conducted on campus at the top floor of the Hornbake library. Bechtel had most chemical engineering offices focused in Texas. I only had one interview that included behavior questions. I was asked if I preferred a management role, working with other engineers, or a design/simulator role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a deadline and how you planned your work to successfully meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel in January 2014.

Interview

I have to say, I have a feeling these reviews are sponsored. For one, almost no one here has mentioned the security clearance you need at this company. Over the course of 3 years I applied for 12+ positions here. I had one phone interview in 2012, that went nowhere.

They basically never looked at my resume in all that time. 8 months would pass and then they would reject me.

Then, someone finally looks at my resume - within 3 days I had a phone interview, within 3 week I had an in-person, within 1 month I had an offer.

I had basically the same resume the entire time I was applying - but few people ever saw it. It just got lost in the online database. As soon as someone actually saw my resume - they wanted me. They wanted to hire me, because, I was exactly what they needed for the position.

If you need the security clearance, It takes a year to start at this company. This can be extremely stressful, expensive and take 6-8 months to get. For me, it meant living in fear of losing my old job while the feds interviewed my old employer.

But, once your in, your in.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with co-worker conflicts?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel in September 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through the information session they typically hold at our campus (Big Ten) twice a year before the career fair. As always they have almost everyone in my major (Civil Engineering) and even others wanting to talk to them right after.

Now, not to say that this says everything but my school has been among the top 5 Civil schools for a LONG time in the country and internationally well known. So their constant presence at our campus every year is easily understood for many reasons...the name of our university, their 'political relations' with university, and of course students etc.

CAUTION- What I dont understand is how educated smart individuals are fooled by these companies into believing that the time they are taking to review the profile is in reality the time they are using to find better candidates than you and tell you LIE that they are finding you a right fit!

They took 3 months and 4 re-applies as their system kept losing all the candidates and ultimately said no after which I complained about their attitude and working to ETHICAL office who put them to task by making them answer..university requested me to not pursue this so that their reputation is not tarnished but guess what Bechtel...we live in a transparent world.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Lafayette, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

Campus interview - at spot.
    Asked question about past experience, education skills and leadership
    looking for inter personnel skils and overall aptitude

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me; there was no job description. I was puzzled to be interviewed by two individuals from disciplines very different from mine, one very senior and uninterested, the other very junior and attempting to use the interview as platform for learning. Although they correctly guessed somebody with my job title should handle the task they identified (also correctly), the way they went about filling the vacancy (if real) was unprofessional and incompetent in every regard. The junior interviewer was picking my brain and gave me some behavioral advice in the end that included wagging finger. I regret I did not leave on my own, since it took me only few minutes to figure out what was going on. The vacancy is still advertised 10 months later, which is actually critical to the task, if real.
    Overall surreal, and even folks who know me have a hard time believing the story. One would think something like this can't happen in a reputable organization.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer attempted to identify technical issues in the complex task.
      HOW DO WE DO IT?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

My father passed away while I was traveling to San Francisco for the initial interview. Bechtel people had understanding and rescheduled the interview. I wrote a cold-call letter to a person whom I did not know and received the interview. The interviewer was very professional and welcoming. He introduced me to other managers and engineers and he gave me a tour of the department.

Interview Questions

• Questions about expected pay and 5 year plans are always difficult. Otherwise, the interview was professionally done and very thorough.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. I simply accepted the offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in June 2009.

Interview

I applied using the company's website. Human resources called me to set up an interview and flew me down. When I arrived, an HR person went over the employee benefits. I then had three separate one-on-one interviews with engineers. Each one lasted about 45 minutes and was very conversational in nature. Overall, the experience was very typical.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Interviewed with bunch of managers and generally focussed on certifications. Their emphasis is on experience and certifications. Bit old school.
    Had to go to the office, wear formals is a good idea. They ask questions about experience and where you have worked. Like to see if you are mobile.
    EAsy to move around with different division in the company. They encourage female applicants.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online then the process took 1 month, they just called me and invited me to in person interview. There was no online test and no telephone interview. The people were quite friendly.