Bechtel Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Bechtel Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, first interview was a couple months later. Interview process took about 5 months - 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview. Most of the phone questions were behavioral type questions to understand how you would fit in that role. Not too many technical questions. Final on site interview was more of you meeting the team to see if there was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a scenario where you had to make a tough decision   1 Answer

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed twice, once by a Piping Project Engineer and once by a Electrical Project Engineer. Before then I had 3 phone interviews before I was introduced to a one on one interview with the Project Engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work and how I worked with my peers alone as well as within a group. Would I be willing to move to different projects.   1 Answer

Startup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with Bechtel at career fair. Received a phone call about two weeks after career to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of an engineer manager, and two other engineers. They asked some behavioral and technical questions. It was a great interview, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the engineers, and thankfully got to meet them when I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group and a group member wasn't cooperating? How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions

• No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

Journeyman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview consisted of a call from a recruiter with information on when and where to continue with hiring process. Hiring process consisted of filling out forms and documents consistent with hiring procedures. Then required to attend orientation at the project site.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

College program. 2-day interview in Houston, cost of travel/stay covered. Great opportunity with a series of panels (execs, new hires, etc.), a case study followed by a presentation, and formal interview. Test your ability to multitask, work in a group with unexpected interruptions and curve-balls, under pressure. Interview itself was simple- basic stuff and one or two easy technical questions

Interview Questions

• Case study puts you to the test. Working in a group of 4-5 (qualified or not) candidates. Given a 2 hour time limit during which each team member is sequentially taken out for 30 minute interview.   1 Answer

Would require reloaction and received a similar position closer to home with better salary.

Project Controls Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

One on one interview. Also a small project and presentation. They asked many questions... most of them were standard. They are big on personality and less about what you know when you are coming out of college. I'm sure it depends on who you interview with but most people at Bechtel are straightforward and not too intimidating.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

A time was set for the interview, 3 of the company's expert men in the field had a conversation with me and asked general questions for about half an hour.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then i went in for a 1 on 1 interview

Company had bad reputation

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The process took roughly 3 months. I submitted my resume online, and then I was contacted by many different people from HR. I must of talked to atleast 5 different HR people across the US. The interview was with the Chief Engineer and it was pretty straight forward. It was basic stars questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my GPA (I am an Honors student) and they seemed a little surprised that it wasn't higher. It kind of surprised me because I never thought my GPA was bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR send me an offer package and I accepted.