Bechtel Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and myself in a conference room. It was extremely intimidating and the questions were quite difficult. They want to confirm you did your research to ensure you're a good fit for the company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, first interview was a couple months later. Interview process took about 5 months - 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview. Most of the phone questions were behavioral type questions to understand how you would fit in that role. Not too many technical questions. Final on site interview was more of you meeting the team to see if there was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a scenario where you had to make a tough decision   1 Answer

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed twice, once by a Piping Project Engineer and once by a Electrical Project Engineer. Before then I had 3 phone interviews before I was introduced to a one on one interview with the Project Engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work and how I worked with my peers alone as well as within a group. Would I be willing to move to different projects.   1 Answer

Startup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with Bechtel at career fair. Received a phone call about two weeks after career to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of an engineer manager, and two other engineers. They asked some behavioral and technical questions. It was a great interview, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the engineers, and thankfully got to meet them when I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group and a group member wasn't cooperating? How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer

Rigger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Baytown, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, once your hired then god help you. They'll fire you for anything they can come up with so they don't have to pay the bonuses. I for instance got fired for missing 6 days in 10 months. Of course even though I called every time the office said I did not, but you can only expect so much for the idiots in the office.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Baytown, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

We watched safety videos and did worksheets on safety and procedures. It was an overall good experience. I would love to work with becthel on future projects. Very helpful and informative and they are really strong about safety. It's a total of 2 days but you get paid for orientation. Come ready to work you will get your hard hat and other ppe to prepare You for your job

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose their company   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with behavioral questions and then 2 in person interviews on the same day. One was with the department chief and the other was with my future EGS.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you failed at something and how you managed that?   Answer Question

Pipefitter A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Deer Park, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview process constantly had to check on status took 2 weeks before being notified I had the job hr was very rude to people applying for jobs very unprofessional but if you need a job you take what you can get i really would not recommend this company for anything.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Pipefitter   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions

• No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

Material Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Deer Park, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

None. I just went in and filled out and application and put the persons name who referred me to apply on the application. They called a couple days later and told when and where to be for orientation.

Interview Questions

• All about experience and mostly who you knew.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.