Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and myself in a conference room. It was extremely intimidating and the questions were quite difficult. They want to confirm you did your research to ensure you're a good fit for the company.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Pueblo, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone call set up with date and time to speak with the manager and assistant manager, to reach out and get to know my level of knowledge and experience. They asked me situational questions and what commitment I would have to the position. Position could be as long as 5 years and I would be required to relocate to the area for the position.

Interview Questions

• experience, implementation of ideas, handling difficult situations, working as a team.   1 Answer
    • they asked me how I handled a difficult situation with a co-worker of contractor.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

HR called and scheduled an interview. I had a phone interview with my future boss and another engineer. The interview was more or less them getting to know me and was a fairly easy/comfortable process. I received a job offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked some fundamental questions (such as how to you design a pump), it was all fairly simple.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Interview

Used Bechtel on line application process. Sent many applications to the only positions opened. Continually checked for updates on new posting. Many positons were either below my salary grade or in locations that were not desirable. Some jobs were already filled and others I was told weeks later that the job have been filled. Follow up is not one of the employers strong points

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure. I was automatically hired on and won't happen with other hiring processes. With this collaboration I am not able to give more detailed information for it.

Interview Questions

• Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure, I was automatically hired on   Answer Question

Construction Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed like the interview went well, but no offer. The interview was for a summer internship with Bechtel. Questions were pretty straight forward. Designed to identify personality traits, either strengths or weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame the moment   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, first interview was a couple months later. Interview process took about 5 months - 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview. Most of the phone questions were behavioral type questions to understand how you would fit in that role. Not too many technical questions. Final on site interview was more of you meeting the team to see if there was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a scenario where you had to make a tough decision   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel in June 2016.

Interview

Very simple and easy interview. No surprises. If you have answers prepared for the top 15 or so interview questions you would be well prepared. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, haven't heard back from them yet even though it was several weeks ago. One complaint would be that the job description online was not accurate compared to how the described the job in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How do you typically plan your day when you have many tasks?   3 Answers
    • What traits do you like to see in a manager?   1 Answer
    • What is your preferred management style?   1 Answer

Pipe Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bechtel (Leesburg, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

begins with phone interview and then a welding test.that was really about it just like any other company when you are hiring in as a welder the welding test and the drug test are the only things that really matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation the pay is what it is.

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed twice, once by a Piping Project Engineer and once by a Electrical Project Engineer. Before then I had 3 phone interviews before I was introduced to a one on one interview with the Project Engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work and how I worked with my peers alone as well as within a group. Would I be willing to move to different projects.   1 Answer