Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.7

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Process consisted of an in-depth face-to-face with the hiring manager, another senior manager and a Bechtel technical specialist at their office in London.
    Further phone interviews followed with senior managers over the phone or on Skype, followed by a final interview over the phone with the hiring manager.
    Lasted nearly two hours and involved answering questions about knowledge of Bechtel, its projects, about my own experience in Infrastructure, giving examples of own work and achievements, detailing key achievements and how you could make an impact to Bechtel if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bechtel?
      What do you know about Bechtel and its approach to sustainability on its projects?
      How would you make an if you are hired for the position?
      Outline your experience in Infrastructure projects and how that applies to Bechtel and its projects.
      Describe your key achievements.
      Are you prepared to relocate for an international assignment?
      Have yo manage teams? How do you get your team to achieve results?
      Have you, and describe your experience in Stakeholder engagement on major projects? Give examples of challenges you have faced and how you managed these.
      What is your experience on reporting and monitoring of sustainability in relation to projects?
      How have you integrated sustainability aspects into projects you have been involved in? What were the main challenges and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Submit your application online. Set up a phone interview if they call and then an in person interview if they're interested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me the most they would pay me, and being right out of college I basically had to accept it.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and myself in a conference room. It was extremely intimidating and the questions were quite difficult. They want to confirm you did your research to ensure you're a good fit for the company.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New Delhi (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

got the call through referral of friend,at the peak requirement. had two technical round with deputy chief engg and chief engg. of CSA dept. ..who negotiated wih me for salary.than finally accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• foundation pressure diagram,slab reinforcement detailing,and wheel load ILD. one BMD and SFD calculation with couple at center.   1 Answer

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked to report at 9:00 a.m at the company office in Gurgaon. I waited for about 1 hour in the lounge area for my interview. Interviewer was the Procurement Functional Manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Individual then panel interview, then a second panel interview. Conference call and individual interview. There is a long gap between the interviews and relevant checks are undertaken. interview conducted at home then called toffee for face-to-face

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure. I was automatically hired on and won't happen with other hiring processes. With this collaboration I am not able to give more detailed information for it.

Interview Questions

• Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure, I was automatically hired on   Answer Question

Client Billing Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The Interview was a Three Rounds Process:

~First round was with HR on telephone

~Second round with Team Lead - Face to Face (Accounting questions such as Journal entries, trial balance, balance sheet, accounting treatment etc.)

~Third round with Operational Manager - Face to Face (General questions on work life management and Accounting.)

Interview Questions

• In second round - Accounting questions such as Journal entries, trial balance, balance sheet, accounting treatment etc.
      In third round - General questions on work life management and Accounting.   Answer Question

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

All questions were fair. It was more typical questions pertaining to behavior. Did not receive an offer yet, but would accept. Face to face interview was more getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you come to an agreement   Answer Question

E&I Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

After submitting an application I was granted an interview some 3 months later which was a little late. After the interview some weeks passed without any contact. I believe HR should be more professional in dealing with applicants instead of discouraging new people but this is common with modern recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Outline your current experiences and relevance to the described position   1 Answer
    • There is a lot of travel required how will you handle this?   1 Answer
    • What rail mounted machine experience do you have?   1 Answer