Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 30, 2017

2.7

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

4 separate interviews - Learning and Development Manager, Learning and Development Team, HR Managers, Project Representative. All parts were pleasant and helpful. They wanted to see me succeed and make sure I was right for the part. - very positive experience. They asked me to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on leadership.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the ability to present and the ability to facilitate   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

3 interviews with a lot of questions you must present all sorts of id's and you will be requested to interview at random dates and times. it is a good company and very high pay in it, so you might as well follow the process

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephonic round and one on one interview. The interview was conduct by one one HR and one Project Manager. I was not able to give my expected salary figure, and I told them as per market norm. They asked me again but I had no figure in mind as I was bit nervous to give any figure. I think that was point of rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How would you handle if a creditor is angry for not receiving payment?
      If you have lot of work and I give you another work work to do, what would you give priority too?
      How much is your expected salary?
      Do you have any supervisory experience?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with behavioral questions and then 2 in person interviews on the same day. One was with the department chief and the other was with my future EGS.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you failed at something and how you managed that?   Answer Question

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Augusta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional process. The interviewer was interested in finding out who I really was as a person beyond my professional skills and accomplishments. Gave me plenty of opportunities to show that I share the same values as the company.

Interview Questions

• Currently you and your family live out of state, how is that going to work for you?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very vague description in the process.not much skills were seen with employees and the applicant. Had to go through serious rounds but no proved to be useful because lack of communication

Interview Questions

• How do u fit into a workplace society   1 Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel in February 2013.

Interview

Talked to a company representative at a career fair and had an on campus interview the next day. A few week later I went to the company's office for a second round of interviews. I had three interviews with various engineers and had lunch with an early career hire.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Pueblo, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone call set up with date and time to speak with the manager and assistant manager, to reach out and get to know my level of knowledge and experience. They asked me situational questions and what commitment I would have to the position. Position could be as long as 5 years and I would be required to relocate to the area for the position.

Interview Questions

• experience, implementation of ideas, handling difficult situations, working as a team.   1 Answer
    • they asked me how I handled a difficult situation with a co-worker of contractor.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied Offcampus through employee referral. Got an interview call in February. Interview was conducted at gurgaon office of Bechtel. Interview was pretty average. First they asked general questions, technical questions were from machines & power system.

Interview Questions

• Basics of electrical machines & power system   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and myself in a conference room. It was extremely intimidating and the questions were quite difficult. They want to confirm you did your research to ensure you're a good fit for the company.