Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

HR called and scheduled an interview. I had a phone interview with my future boss and another engineer. The interview was more or less them getting to know me and was a fairly easy/comfortable process. I received a job offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked some fundamental questions (such as how to you design a pump), it was all fairly simple.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New Delhi (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

got the call through referral of friend,at the peak requirement. had two technical round with deputy chief engg and chief engg. of CSA dept. ..who negotiated wih me for salary.than finally accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• foundation pressure diagram,slab reinforcement detailing,and wheel load ILD. one BMD and SFD calculation with couple at center.   1 Answer

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2013.

Interview

Good, smooth, my former boss asked me some technic questions, and my projects experiences, then we talked about something else. Happy interviewing. However, you guys will not have oppurtunity to work for this company any more for it's closed due to the poor performence

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to model a compressors   1 Answer

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked to report at 9:00 a.m at the company office in Gurgaon. I waited for about 1 hour in the lounge area for my interview. Interviewer was the Procurement Functional Manager.

Records Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Received an offer a week later as they had an immediate need for an entry level hire to start ASAP. Started work 2 weeks after initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage priorities.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a connection from my family who knew the Project Manager at Bechtel. I maintained contact for the remaining 5 months with the HR Manager. I sent the HR Manager the required documents, my Resume as well as awards received, such as the Dean Scholar Award and any Engineering Societies I was in, such as Tau Beta Pi.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview because of the connection with the Project Manager   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Individual then panel interview, then a second panel interview. Conference call and individual interview. There is a long gap between the interviews and relevant checks are undertaken. interview conducted at home then called toffee for face-to-face

Rigger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Baytown, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, once your hired then god help you. They'll fire you for anything they can come up with so they don't have to pay the bonuses. I for instance got fired for missing 6 days in 10 months. Of course even though I called every time the office said I did not, but you can only expect so much for the idiots in the office.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure. I was automatically hired on and won't happen with other hiring processes. With this collaboration I am not able to give more detailed information for it.

Interview Questions

• Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure, I was automatically hired on   Answer Question

Construction Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed like the interview went well, but no offer. The interview was for a summer internship with Bechtel. Questions were pretty straight forward. Designed to identify personality traits, either strengths or weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame the moment   Answer Question