Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months to complete. 1 interview over the phone. The interview was short and sweet to the point. The manager described the position and the expectations. Whole interview lasted about 30 minutes. The process of getting hired took much longer.

Interview Questions

• ASked about questions regarding background and previous jobs.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in May 2016.

Interview

Phone and video conference. I was asked if I would accept an internship in another division, which I did. Great experience, great people and fabulous company. Highly recommend this experience.

Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

3 different phone conversations while still in my last semester of college. Very cordial, no "gotcha" questions. Mainly a review of construction field experience and what you did. No questions about college courses or GPA. Also asked if you were willing to move for your role either immediately or in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the field and what you learned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a decent starting wage, but try pushing for more if you want. They would be open to hearing suggestions and working with a potential hire.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Phone interview only for an entry level position. Pretty standard questions, nothing technical. I never had to interview in person before starting the job. As it was entry level there wasn't much else to speak to other than my internship experiences and involvements in college.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the lead engineer on campus. He invited me for an interview the next day. The HR were nice, the engineer was nice as well. The interview was " situational" or behavioral . And I believe I didn't do very well.

Interview Questions

• Define ethics?
      Describe a situation where you had to use ethical principals in   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Got a call from the HR to schedule a phone interview. The first interview was with the HR and lasted for about 20 min. She later scheduled another phone interview with an engineering manager. This interview lasted for approximately 35 to 40 minutes. No technical questions were asked. They mainly just discussed my resume and what I had done before and explained the details regarding the position they were looking to hire for. It was a pretty straightforward interview.

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, then had telephone interview, which is followed by an in-person one-on-one. The company is growing and offering good opportunities for professional growth. Benefits are exceptional (20 days PTO), however Bechtel requires new hires to be contractors first so the benefits (401k, PTO, Insurance, etc) are delayed for 1 year. Salary offer was adequate but not competitive.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions to ensure position would be a good fit for both parties.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very formal. Experience is needed. Bechtel is an amazing company, who takes care of its employees. It helps to have experience in different markets. You have to work hard at be passionate about your work.

Negotiation

there was none.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a connection from my family who knew the Project Manager at Bechtel. I maintained contact for the remaining 5 months with the HR Manager. I sent the HR Manager the required documents, my Resume as well as awards received, such as the Dean Scholar Award and any Engineering Societies I was in, such as Tau Beta Pi.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview because of the connection with the Project Manager   Answer Question

Startup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with Bechtel at career fair. Received a phone call about two weeks after career to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of an engineer manager, and two other engineers. They asked some behavioral and technical questions. It was a great interview, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the engineers, and thankfully got to meet them when I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group and a group member wasn't cooperating? How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer