Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.7

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very formal. Experience is needed. Bechtel is an amazing company, who takes care of its employees. It helps to have experience in different markets. You have to work hard at be passionate about your work.

Negotiation

there was none.

Startup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with Bechtel at career fair. Received a phone call about two weeks after career to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of an engineer manager, and two other engineers. They asked some behavioral and technical questions. It was a great interview, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the engineers, and thankfully got to meet them when I was chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group and a group member wasn't cooperating? How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Baytown, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

We watched safety videos and did worksheets on safety and procedures. It was an overall good experience. I would love to work with becthel on future projects. Very helpful and informative and they are really strong about safety. It's a total of 2 days but you get paid for orientation. Come ready to work you will get your hard hat and other ppe to prepare You for your job

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose their company   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. I was then contacted by the same HR person prior to the interview date, about scheduling conflicts with the interviewers and the interview had to be postponed.

The interview had to be postponed a second time and I can't remember the reason for that one. I understand that unfortunate things can happen, like sick kids and other things.

My interview date was coming up again and this time I didn't not receive anything about conflicts with the interview time. I called the conference number at my scheduled interview time and waited for about 10 minutes. No one else was on the line but me. I called the HR lady once again and explained to her what happened. She called me back a few minutes later to tell me that the Engineering manager that I was supposed to interview with was in a meeting and they went over the meeting time.

I was offered to reschedule once again. At this point, I felt that they had little respect for my time. I agreed to reschedule with the condition that it would be a face to face interview. I was going to be in the Washington DC area for an interview with another company and that was the only reason I did not decline to continue.

During the interview, I was met by the engineering manager. The second interviewer showed up late during the the interview.

After the interview, I never heard from them again. I tried to follow up after the interview, but instead I just kept getting bounced around to different HR people. This was the most unprofessional interview process I have ever been a part of.

To summarize:
    1. phone interview rescheduled twice
    2. third time, interviewers completely forgot about my interview
    3. one of the interviewers showed up late to interview
    4. never heard from them again after interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were basically questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

All questions were fair. It was more typical questions pertaining to behavior. Did not receive an offer yet, but would accept. Face to face interview was more getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you come to an agreement   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview which only took about 15 minutes, then met with the person on the phone for the in person interview with HR. After that would be meeting with your future Manager and few other managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in July 2015.

Interview

Similar to what other have described, I got an email over a month after I applied requesting additional information. I spoke with the recruiter a week later. The recruiter sounded very satisfied with my responses and I was told to get in touch if I hadn't heard from them. After about 10 days, I sent an email and a week later I called the recruiter and left a voicemail. In the mean time I also applied to some other positions, which were all rejected a couple of days after I called. I'm not sure what I did wrong! I was/am very eager to work for Bechtel and really liked the position.

Security Operations Center (SOC) Team Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

I applied for the job on their website. I got a call about 3 days later (on Friday) from HR wanting to ask a few questions. They wanted to know about past experience. At the end HR set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for Monday. The hiring manager called on Monday at the allotted time and asked questions about my background and past experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects did you do with the programming languages that you have on your resume?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD).

Interview

The process was easy and quick. They asked question regarding my experience and my BS in computer science. They explained the type of work I would be doing and what was going to be expected of me. I met with three people, 2 of HR, and the woman who would be my boss.

Interview Questions

• After they described the role, they asked me why I thought I should be consider for the position given my experience and B.S in computer science.   Answer Question

Pipefitter A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Deer Park, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview process constantly had to check on status took 2 weeks before being notified I had the job hr was very rude to people applying for jobs very unprofessional but if you need a job you take what you can get i really would not recommend this company for anything.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Pipefitter   1 Answer