Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.7

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

All questions were fair. It was more typical questions pertaining to behavior. Did not receive an offer yet, but would accept. Face to face interview was more getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you come to an agreement   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview which only took about 15 minutes, then met with the person on the phone for the in person interview with HR. After that would be meeting with your future Manager and few other managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in July 2015.

Interview

Similar to what other have described, I got an email over a month after I applied requesting additional information. I spoke with the recruiter a week later. The recruiter sounded very satisfied with my responses and I was told to get in touch if I hadn't heard from them. After about 10 days, I sent an email and a week later I called the recruiter and left a voicemail. In the mean time I also applied to some other positions, which were all rejected a couple of days after I called. I'm not sure what I did wrong! I was/am very eager to work for Bechtel and really liked the position.

Security Operations Center (SOC) Team Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

I applied for the job on their website. I got a call about 3 days later (on Friday) from HR wanting to ask a few questions. They wanted to know about past experience. At the end HR set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for Monday. The hiring manager called on Monday at the allotted time and asked questions about my background and past experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects did you do with the programming languages that you have on your resume?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bechtel (Frederick, MD).

Interview

The process was easy and quick. They asked question regarding my experience and my BS in computer science. They explained the type of work I would be doing and what was going to be expected of me. I met with three people, 2 of HR, and the woman who would be my boss.

Interview Questions

• After they described the role, they asked me why I thought I should be consider for the position given my experience and B.S in computer science.   Answer Question

Pipefitter A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Deer Park, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview process constantly had to check on status took 2 weeks before being notified I had the job hr was very rude to people applying for jobs very unprofessional but if you need a job you take what you can get i really would not recommend this company for anything.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Pipefitter   1 Answer

Quality/Six Sigma Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial face-to-face interview took less than 45 minutes. The interviewers seemed very friendly and were generally interested in my answers. Second interview was over the phone. In that one, the questions were a bit more specific and technical, but I was able to answer them honestly and completely using my past internship experiences as a resource.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to meet a deadline and any challenges you faced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because this was an internship.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

I was contacted by a friend that I used to work with who told me of the job opening. I submitted my Resume and was contacted by phone for an over the phone interview,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple, they accepted what I wanted

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Job Fair, then presentation, invited for 1st round interview after conversation. Interview was held at the school Co-op office.
    The interview was one on one with a field engineer that had been with the company for 3 years.
    It was anticipated that they get back to me within a few months for a second interview if I was to have made the cut.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Tempe, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Attended a university career fair. I was first asked to talk about the program with a campus ambassador being passed onto a recruiter who scheduled my interview. The interviewer was disinterested. It was the end of the day and I could tell my her level of energy that there was no way I could get the position. She had already checked out and was only going through the motions. It was very hard to maintain a conversation. She was more interested in her notes and the computer than me.