Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Scheduled interview at the Fall career fair of 2013. The Interview was conducted on campus at the top floor of the Hornbake library. Bechtel had most chemical engineering offices focused in Texas. I only had one interview that included behavior questions. I was asked if I preferred a management role, working with other engineers, or a design/simulator role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a deadline and how you planned your work to successfully meet the deadline.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Richland, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was like any other job,. nothing major it was a panel of 3 people and they asked me the usual questions that potential employers ask . .nothing out of the ordinary really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was back and forth

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very technical interview. The project manager, engineering manager and the civil lead were present and first presented the project to me. Then the possible roles and responsibilities and expectations were explained. Following questions about past experiences and then I was asked if I have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked how much I want in the application form. One week later they offered me something less than what I asked for. I did not want to make it bitter so just accepted it.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

first interview then phone

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult. Most of them were just behavioral question.   Answer Question

Recent University Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Richland, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

- Applied on Bechtel's career website to local job postings in my area. A family member in management let me know that they were contacted by another manager that received my resume and that they couldn't take any further action because I was a recent graduate, I had to apply through their Recent Graduate page.
    - Applied to a recent graduate posting and received a call 1-2 weeks later. The HR rep set a time for a phone interview. Had the phone interview and was told I could contact the HR rep through their direct line.
    - Received no response for 2 weeks and attempted to follow up several time in the last two months, leaving voice-mails with my contact information.

I still have not heard back from Bechtel and have since moved on. It's a shame because I was an eager candidate that is very familiar with the local project and the company overall.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online in September. I had heard back after the first of the year. My first interview was set up in February over the phone. During this interview, a personality exam is conducted. If selected, there is a second and potentially third phone interview. The questions are pretty standard. The second interview for me was conducted by four people simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in February 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed after a job fair.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty typical interview with a couple of technical questions.   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel in February 2014.

Interview

Spoke to the director of engineering at my university's career fair. He scheduled an in-person interview the next day. Interview was 30 minutes long. First half of the interview was spent answering behavioral questions. During the second half, the interviewer answered any questions I had. It was fairly laid-back. Received a phone call a month later saying that I was offered the position.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Richland, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with a few questions about the job from hiring supervisor and next level manager. I think they needed to hire more people than had applied, so my experience was easier than normal.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in systems engineering.   1 Answer

Director of Operations/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

This opportunity came very easily due to my working with prior telecommunications company implementing PBX Extender - phone systems - due to my excellence with this project, I was recruited by the President of Royale Contracting and accepted his very fair offer. Very professional and employee friendly and respected.

Interview Questions

• What can my past experience and education bring as Director of Operations?   1 Answer