Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a very Simple process
    I applied online, 2 week later HR rep called to setup the interview. Interview was with 3 managers at the same time,
    1 Week later, Received an offer and accepted it

Interview Questions

• No tough questions. Just questions related to the submitted resume   Answer Question

Material Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Deer Park, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

None. I just went in and filled out and application and put the persons name who referred me to apply on the application. They called a couple days later and told when and where to be for orientation.

Interview Questions

• All about experience and mostly who you knew.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

NOC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Email from their recruiter, 2 phone call interviews, one in person panel interview. No sense of humor on their part. Not very informative as to what the duties actually were going to be.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was very tedious, waiting around for them to get back to me.   Answer Question

Not my type of boss or culture. The room where they work is very dark, dim, NOISY.

Csa Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Got an interview after attending a career seminar. I was called in the next morning to do an on-campus interview with the Manager and offered a job the same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard offer for college hire and not negotiable

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

If your not in a hurry to get a job then toss your hat in the ring. Told I was hired twice only then having to interview again since more resumes came in. Waited over 4 months only to end up with thanks but no thanks.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Interview

I came in for an in person interview and met with multiple people, from HR reps to managers. They were all very friendly and encouraged questions during the interview. I was comfortable in talking with them because they didn't bombard me with questions. Rather, we just conversed about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, there weren't hard questions. We just conversed and they got to know me better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

They are willing to fly you to an interview and they have you meet many people you will be directly or indirectly involved with during the job. They didn't expect much as for skills, and they warn you of long hours.

Interview Questions

• They want people who show interest in details and ask questions about such topics if included in your resume and cover letter   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined their first job offer and they countered with a second position immediately.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

They had a career fair open to the public in a hotel in down-town Miami. I attended the career fair, chose the field of civil engineering then received a number and waited to be called. Upon getting called I was given an interview by a HR person that was reviewing my resume and asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• What where my favorite courses in college.   1 Answer

Journeyman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview consisted of a call from a recruiter with information on when and where to continue with hiring process. Hiring process consisted of filling out forms and documents consistent with hiring procedures. Then required to attend orientation at the project site.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Scheduled interview at the Fall career fair of 2013. The Interview was conducted on campus at the top floor of the Hornbake library. Bechtel had most chemical engineering offices focused in Texas. I only had one interview that included behavior questions. I was asked if I preferred a management role, working with other engineers, or a design/simulator role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a deadline and how you planned your work to successfully meet the deadline.   Answer Question