Bechtel Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the lead engineer on campus. He invited me for an interview the next day. The HR were nice, the engineer was nice as well. The interview was " situational" or behavioral . And I believe I didn't do very well.

Interview Questions

• Define ethics?
    Describe a situation where you had to use ethical principals in   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bechtel

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Got a call from the HR to schedule a phone interview. The first interview was with the HR and lasted for about 20 min. She later scheduled another phone interview with an engineering manager. This interview lasted for approximately 35 to 40 minutes. No technical questions were asked. They mainly just discussed my resume and what I had done before and explained the details regarding the position they were looking to hire for. It was a pretty straightforward interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Since I was in a distance city from the company, we had a phone interview instead. We talked about the academic experience, intern experience, hobbits and expected career life. It was a comfortable interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bechtel (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Was easy interview, typical interview questions, lasted about half hour.Was easy interview, typical interview questions, lasted about half hour.Was easy interview, typical interview questions, lasted about half hour Was easy interview, typical interview questions, lasted about half hour...........................

Interview Questions

• like "tell me about yourself" and so it was not surprising at all   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (New Delhi (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

according to company norms and selection procedure for hiring mechanical engineers, if my suggestion normally check skill through the help of company Hr and Technical Hr and also rite and fire question put to the job seeker, when huge amount of student collect for interview then taking exam like aptitude test then technical round then GD and then PI.

Interview Questions

• what is difference between lathe and milling machine?   2 Answers

Negotiation

i want to set up in Mechanical core as production engineer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 hours technical plus competency questions with the Mechanical head and the Human resources head who were quite friendly. Each asking a few questions, and cutting each other off at times which confused me at times. Some questions were surprising as they did not match the job description. Had the job description been more clear it would have been easier to prepare.
    I did not receive any feedback at the end even though I emailed and asked for feedback a few times.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Panel phone interview. Was interested in knowledge basic design aspects.

Negotiation

flexible negotiation. was able to get the salary i asked for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Was invited to "College Day" by a contact within the company. Attended "College Day" around October. Recieved an offer in late November.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on my part, hired directly from college.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (New Delhi (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was campus hired. First there was a written test comprising of core mechanical questions. Followed by a group discussion. Based on the result I was called in for technical personal interview. HR interview followed the technical interview and then results were announced after a week.

Interview Questions

• Basic mechanical questions were asked. The main emphasis was on thermodynamics. They wanted to check the fundamentals.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

ok process. interviewer did not ask many technical stuff. he did not seem confident also.

Interview Questions

• what is reason you want to work here? Where did you work earlier? What did you do at earlier place?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. will consider performance and give appraisal according to it