Beckman Coulter Interview Questions in Brea, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA).

Interview

The interviewers were friendly. They gave me a tour around the site in Brea. The audit managers asked questions based on your resume. Basically they asked about accounting classes, projects, experience and what I know related to audit. They really care about communication skills and team work.

Associate Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews then flown out to California for 6 back to back 45min interviews. This role is part of their Commercial Leadership Program and is thus only open to recent college graduates/those graduating within the upcoming year. Really just tried to get to know you as a person to see if you're a good fit for the company, and then some sales philosophical questions.

Science & Engineer Innovation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Science position in late Sep. I applied through company website and got response in 2 weeks. First phone interview with HR, second phone interview with a scientist and third onsite interview. The onsite interview was a 1 day schedule including preparing a 1hr presentation and meeting with 5 managers separately. The whole process was very quick, I got my interview results less than a week in each round.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, I only got one technical questions from all 7 interviewers. The technical question was about proposing an experiment solution for their product.

Example questions:
      1. Briefly explain your project and how does it contribute to the field?
      2. What motivates you?
      3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Manager or individual technical person?
      4. What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 stage process. Phone screening by third party. Interviewed with the director. Interviewed with the director once more then the Senior VP of the business unit. Interviewed with the HR Manager.

The biggest take away I got from the interview process in the business unit I applied for is they were looking to find someone that would fit their team dynamic. They were looking for someone that has drive. They were assessing my personality.

I did a lot of research on the company and that helped me ask good questions. Rather than interview me I felt like I was interviewing them. This is a good way to assess if everyone in the group is aligned and speaks the same language. I wasn't looking just for a job, I was looking for a position that would be the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous Job(s)?
      What is the structure of your previous company and who did you report to?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What type of leader do you like?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Did not ask any technical questions, just wanted to know how you went above and beyond. They also wanted to know how you deal with customers. I only went to one interview so I do not know how much farther the interview process goes.

Interview Questions

• When troubleshooting shooting something, was there a time that in fixing something you caused another problem?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with three different people. Two HR reps and the hiring manager who was a member of the management team within IT. I was asked about my background and then led around the office as a tour. After that, I was given a chance to ask about the company culture and about opportunities to expand my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about a time that you have to take a position as a leader.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was basically behavioral questions and previous experience. Phone interview with manager focused on previous experience and what you are looking for in the job/company. On-site interview with HR/Managers/Team was behavioral and previous experience to see how you would fit in with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about lean manufacturing?   1 Answer
    • Why Beckman Coulter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have good argument to negotiate

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then received a phone call with HR. The HR manager pushed me to the next phase and recommended I move to the next step. This was followed by a phone call with the hiring manager and later there was an in-person group interview with 4 team members. There was about a week delay between each step.

Interview Questions

• What was a major mistake you made in a previous job and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very thorough in their evaluation, had to do on0line behavioral assessment, essays, etc. Had phone interview, then on-site interviews all day long, then final follow-up phone interview with offer. Very hard process

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was excellent. They flew me out of state for the interview and spent about 6 hours having me meet with 4 different people. They were excellent hosts and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commit 10 years to this company?   1 Answer