Beckman Coulter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beckman Coulter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA).

Interview

The interviewers were friendly. They gave me a tour around the site in Brea. The audit managers asked questions based on your resume. Basically they asked about accounting classes, projects, experience and what I know related to audit. They really care about communication skills and team work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter.

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Takes 2 phone interviews to get you in the door then you have to interview with 7 people. Overall quick process for me. The hiring company they use are very help through the whole process

Interview Questions

• General interview questions and a lot of critical thinking   Answer Question

Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Chaska, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The process was very quick as I received a phone interview that week itself. I was invited to come for an onsite interview (Chaska,MN). For onsite interview, there were many behavior and hypothetical situation ques. They really make sure if you are the perfect fit for that role. It was then followed by technical round by the scientist. Finally Lab tour marks the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this particular role?
      Give a time when you had to critically think and analyze a difficult situation?
      How do you obtain your work evaluation from other team members or supervisors?

Informatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Recieved a call from Personify did a call with them to do background information. Next did a phone interview with hiring manager about a week later. Then a week after that an in person with the hiring manager, director and a peer. Offer came about a week later

Associate Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews then flown out to California for 6 back to back 45min interviews. This role is part of their Commercial Leadership Program and is thus only open to recent college graduates/those graduating within the upcoming year. Really just tried to get to know you as a person to see if you're a good fit for the company, and then some sales philosophical questions.

Science & Engineer Innovation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Science position in late Sep. I applied through company website and got response in 2 weeks. First phone interview with HR, second phone interview with a scientist and third onsite interview. The onsite interview was a 1 day schedule including preparing a 1hr presentation and meeting with 5 managers separately. The whole process was very quick, I got my interview results less than a week in each round.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, I only got one technical questions from all 7 interviewers. The technical question was about proposing an experiment solution for their product.

Example questions:
      1. Briefly explain your project and how does it contribute to the field?
      2. What motivates you?
      3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Manager or individual technical person?
      4. What is your strength and weakness?

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview by phone with outsourced recruiting company. I wasn't expecting an interview when I called, I thought we were just discussing the position, but luckily I was prepared. They did the initial screening to determine that I was a good fit before sending my info on to the hiring manager. Followed by in person interview with 3 people - each about 45 minutes. Nothing tricky, everyone was very nice and I enjoyed the process. Currently in a hiring freeze which is why I did not get an offer.

Scientist Interview

Interview

The interview was straight forward, some technical questions, situational questions. Interviewed with several individuals; I liked the people I interviewed with. Liked the hiring Manager, very knowledgeable person. Have no additional feedback.

Field Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Tell me about your most difficult experience, Tell me about a time when a manager gave you negative feedback, how did you handle it; were some of the questions asked. There were a lot of behavioral type question

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 stage process. Phone screening by third party. Interviewed with the director. Interviewed with the director once more then the Senior VP of the business unit. Interviewed with the HR Manager.

The biggest take away I got from the interview process in the business unit I applied for is they were looking to find someone that would fit their team dynamic. They were looking for someone that has drive. They were assessing my personality.

I did a lot of research on the company and that helped me ask good questions. Rather than interview me I felt like I was interviewing them. This is a good way to assess if everyone in the group is aligned and speaks the same language. I wasn't looking just for a job, I was looking for a position that would be the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous Job(s)?
      What is the structure of your previous company and who did you report to?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What type of leader do you like?