Beckman Coulter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beckman Coulter Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in April 2014. Phone interview with HR was basically behavioral questions and previous experience. Phone interview with manager focused on previous experience and what you are looking for in the job/company.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Chaska, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial contact from an outside recruiter (retained for search). Early discussion with recruiter talked about career path, salary expectations, interest level.

Once vetted, recruiter presented me to the hiring manager with a phone interview to follow. Phone interview lasted just over an hour and focused on a few standard behavior questions (resolving conflict, a time when you innovated, etc.). A lot of time for me to ask questions and learn more about the role.

Recruiter followed up with feedback and set up the on-site interview. Site interview was with three potential colleagues followed by lunch with the hiring manager and a site tour. About five hours in total. Little focus on technical details and much more on cultural fit, career growth, leadership, and how well the job fit my interests and career path. Senior people were tasked with understanding why I was looking and how I would fit in the role. The more junior person focused on canned behavioral questions.

Overall, a rather short interview (I'm used to spending a full day on site with some presentation required) that didn't seem to dig into much technical detail. Probably one of the easier interview experiences I've had. They may have been convinced I was a good fit before I met with them.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position?

What is your interest in Beckman Coulter?

What experience to you have in Lean Manufacturing?

Give me an example where you had to overcome a difficult challenge at work.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Brea, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Did not ask any technical questions, just wanted to know how you went above and beyond. They also wanted to know how you deal with customers. I only went to one interview so I do not know how much farther the interview process goes.

Interview Questions

• When troubleshooting shooting something, was there a time that in fixing something you caused another problem?   Answer Question

Senior Dev Sci Interview

Interview

pretty low key met with a ton of people gave a talk and discussed research and talked about where I see myself. They have a ton of opportunities to go into management. took a tour of the manufacturing plant, had lunch with a lot of the managers.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter in December 2015.

Interview

Around 15 min phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with a hiring manager. HR sent personality quiz and then in-person interview with 3 people including the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions-
      1. Tell us about yourself?
      2. Give us an example when you have been in conflict in your work place area and how did you handle it?
      3. why do you want to work for BC?

Some technical question-
      1. How do you help a client with.....please tell us in steps   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (West Sacramento, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews followed by an on site series of interviews lasting several hours. The problem was the recruiters were impossible to reach to get any status response or update, and even when one was given it had no definite answers - just - still waiting. The interview was fine, working with the recruiters was not so good. They were impossible to get any information or contact with post-interview and failed to respond to any inquiries until the 5th or 6th attempt, and even then often did not respond.

Interview Questions

• Complete online assessment on skills, background, and leadership experiences and views.   Answer Question
    • Face to face and phone interviews with fairly standard questions including basic marketing theory.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

full day on-site meeting 6 key employees - 1 on 1 with group lunch. Nothing unusual - good discussions, many many questions on how to handle conflict, and drive results. Situational interview questions from everyone I talked with - be ready to use your past experience to explain how you will be a great employee at Beckman.

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Miami, FL).

Interview

I was not greeted by the HR department. Actually, I never saw them and only spoke to them by telephone. I was given a tour of the facilities which was very good.

Interview Questions

• Questions were adequate to the position, from the reports below a senior management level.   1 Answer

Materials and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Beckman Coulter (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly lengthy interview/hiring process. I conducted my initial interview with the hiring manager in September 2015 through a hiring conference hosted by a 3rd party recruiting firm (Atlanta, GA). About 1 month later, Beckman Coulter flew me out to their Miami, FL facility for a 1-hour tour of the site and a second round of 1-on-1 interviews with 5 additional members of the management team; each interview was 1-hour. All of the interviewers were personable and had calm/friendly demeanors, creating a very relaxed and positive atmosphere. They were all very engaged and showed genuine interest in getting to me, my background/experience, and how I would fit within their company culture. Each of the interviews were conducted in a similar format; a brief introduction from the interviewers, a brief overview of my resume/experience, and then a series of questions and discussion for the remainder of the interview. Overall, the interview/hiring process was lengthy, but pleasant.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were common behavioral/situational type questions, nothing unusual. Come prepared to provide real examples and outcomes for past struggles that you experienced/overcame, how you handled past conflicts, how you organize yourself, etc.   Answer Question
    • - Describe a time you had a project that turned out to be more complex than originally thought. What did you do / How did you handle it?

- Describe a time you had to go around your supervisor to accomplish a task. What was the outcome? How did you supervisor handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, the salary offered exceeded my expectation.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Lengthy Process - the recruiter took too long to answer questions and get back to me about next steps. I went several times to meet with different key individuals and two phone interviews all after the initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral based interview questions. They do want to find fit.   Answer Question