Bed Bath & Beyond Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

you have to do 2 interviews the first day and then by friday you get a call from the store manager to tell you when they want to meet you

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast and simple. Very friendly environment. We walked around the store and it was more like a friendly conversation and less like a formal job interview. Didn't feel intimidating at all. I got to know more about the business and the job responsibilities. It was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your former employer, what would they say about you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2016.

Interview

So i figured why not submit an application, it looked like they had enough employees so I didn't expect to get hired but I asked for an application anyway; cashier told me to ask for the manager when i was done filling out the application. Asking the manager I figured, probably meant an On-the-spot interview, looking here on glassdoor confirmed that theory. I took it home and filled it out, came back a day later dressed up in what the employees were wearing, plus a nice interview shirt. I waited in line for a chance to talk to customer service, when it was my turn a cashier took me up to the manager. The manager went up to me and I shook hands and introduced myself, he never said his name, but nothing out of the ordinary. He went through my my application. This was it, I thought, now he was either going to tell me to go home because they had no jobs available or bring me in for the interview.
    "ok" he said. He walked over to the other cashiers and struck up a conversation about "last night's game of football". I assumed he was going to grab a pen over there and come back. Before I knew it he had bolted to the back of the store. I waited a whole hour. For him to tell me If i should go home or come in after he reviewed my resume in the backroom. I figured out after I wasted an hour of my time that he had deserted me. No words but "ok" were said by him. I don't want to work in a place where the manager is going to disregard my time and talk about football when he is supposed to say something professional like, oh, i don't know
    "Thank you for the application, we'll look through it and see what we can do. You're free to go for now. (: " Since I was treated like a piece of trash I will no longer be shopping at bed, bath, and beyond. I don't support a company that treats Employees/Prospectives, like trash. So much for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Manhasset, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I met one manager at the Manhasset New York location. I thought the interview went well. The manager said she will give my application to the store manager and I will get a call back. Well that was,2 weeks ago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I just went to the store and said that I wanted to apply, they gave me an application and I had a 10 minute interview with the manager. However. they said they will call me back to set up a time to train but they never did. I still haven't received a cal back from them and that is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me one business day after I had submitted my application, scheduled me for an interview two days later for 11:30. I got there early (11:00) and had to fill out another application. There were many other applicants waiting as well, I finally got my interview at 1:30!! The HR manager finally calls me in to do the interview. It was okay,I think he was looking for someone who had nothing to do with their life and could work any shift...I however informed him that I did have another part time job but I would definitely put them as main priority and work around their schedule. I don't know if I'll get a call back though. Oh well, nothing tried nothing gained right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is good customer service? Are you able to do all that the job requires? And other questions on my previous work histor. Why I left etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied at snag a job.com
    I was called in for an interview and to fill out an application for the job before the interview
    interview #1 (Interviewer) Why do you want to work for bed bath and beyond?
    they ask about your previous work experience
    do you work well in a team etc
    Interview #2 (HR) asked me the same questions as first interviewer
    felt like interview went well
    they called my references and called me the same day to schedule for another interview
    2 days later ...Interview #3 (Hr) asked my availability Why i want to work for the company and negotiated salary
    interview #4 i was sent to interview with the store manager to determine what position was best for me
    she asked Questions like.. what was more important completing a task or tending to a customer
    what would you do if you seen an employee stealing and customer service questions
    was offered the job and came in next day for orientation

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Iselin, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Very simple. You have an automatic interview the moment you fill out the application. But than you have to wait days sometimes weeks to get the other interviews over with. There are three in total. Each interview is a different manager but neither are more important than the other. The ask simple questions, like "why do you want to work here", you answer, you get hired. By the way, scheduling for them is like dealing with satan.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They told me how much I'm going to get paid, and that's it.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Raleigh, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

It was really quick and easy maybe because I was part time. It was my very first job so they asked only a few questions but they love my drive and hired me the next day

Interview Questions

• Since I don't have any experience how do we know you'll be able to do the job at hand?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application. I asked for the manager and got my first interview there. They asked me why I chose Bed Bath and Beyond. Told me a little bit about the company and asked why I would fit in well. I got called back the same day for a second interview and started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard questions. Why Bed Bath and Beyond? How will you fit in here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation