Bed Bath & Beyond Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that said I had to go in store to set up an interview. I got in and immediately spoke with a manager. She asked me very basic questions about what I did at my former job, my availability, and clarified that they only had part time hours. Once we got through that, she scheduled an interview with the general store manager. When I came for my interview, the manager skipped out on my interview and I was interviewed by another store manager. The interview questions were pretty simple but a tad long winded. I walked away with a good feeling about the job. I was told that they would call within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with your schedule?   1 Answer
  • Can you climb a 12ft ladder?   1 Answer
  • We emphasize safety at our store? Would you be willing to follow safety regulations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Layton, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

You're interviewed by a manager from the call center floor. You're applying for a customer service position so as long as you spout the usual BS about helping the customer and what not the job is practically yours. The turnover rate at the Layton center is quite high so they're always hiring.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all generic customer service questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Layton, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to the open house in Layton,Utah. I am used to waiting for a long time but then after all of us there went through multiple interviews the HR decided to ask if they could go home since it was after 6 pm and finish up another day. Hello, all of us were here for the last 4 hours waiting for you to hire or not..Thanks-

Interview Questions

• How would you provide good customer service to someone who was unhappy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Ogden, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

You fill out a typical job application. Refreshing to actually have a paper app to fill out, I must say. Then HR will take that application along with your resume, if you've brought that(which I highly recommend). From there, you may be asked to sit down and wait.
    Next you will encounter your first interview more than likely with a supervisor. Dependent upon how you do here you will go to the second interview.
    Please note that your second interview will be with a manager, atleast that was my experience last year. If, your interviewing skill are strong in the force then you will....again, be asked to sit and wait. From there, HR will call you over into the interview room. They, he or she, will let you know if you passed and are being offered employment or if not.

Now, I got the job so I feel as though this is vital to know. If offered, dependent upon your applicable experience in relation to the job applying for will determine rate of pay. Well, this had been the first place I've ever had the option. I highly suggest, not only adding in all relatable experience but also negotiating your hourly rate. Because, well you have to wait a full year to get reviewed for a potential increase.

Interview Questions

• How I react or handle high stress jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, I was new to that entire concept. Honestly have never been in a scenario where I could have the option for that. I was more or less accepting of the offer, even though I could have obtained a higher rate. Although, I shouldn't be greedy.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick interview hired on spot.I love the job the interview made me feel as if I was already a part of the team. She didn't just talk she was interested in me and what I had to say

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a great customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Layton, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 different people very easy questions. Wanted to know mostly if I had computer skills and could multi task. It was a very easy interview and fast process.

Interview Questions

• Can you navigate multiple programs?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The interview wax easy, just situational questions. Still waiting to hear back to see if I got the job. A little annoyed that there is no follow through from the HR people.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an unorganized event, with the interviewer feeling burdened and unhappy to be there. They didn't even sit down with me, just talked right in the middle of the sales floor.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Several interviews with HR and store managers. They were very thorough when describing the role(s) of the job. Asked many situational questions, which were very real and thought provoking. Not short interviews, but worth it!

Interview Questions

• What skillset if hired would I contribute to the Compsny?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight to the point. The manager was very friendly and the interview became more conversation style. The managers mainly want to know that you have flexible availability above anything else. The interview was conducted in the bridal room and the mod was very busy handling an interview and the front end. However, it went very well. The second interview was more of a confirmation to everything you said the first time. There weren't really any new questions.

Interview Questions

• What would I be able to contribute to the company?   1 Answer