Bed Bath & Beyond Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Bed Bath & Beyond

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview with the district manager and human resource manager. Both were very informal. Service focus questions mostly. Talked about starting over as a department manager and learning the culture. They only promote managers from within. Didn't have to take a pay cut. Took the job. Starting over was very difficult. Sent on a two week training program.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the last time you had a customer experience go from bad to good. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview once they are able to determine that you have management experience they offer you a job. They paid particuler attention to your work experience and how you where able to contribute.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the total margin that a store is making how do you calculate it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Submitted Application in store. Got called 1 week later for interview. Interviewed with HR then District Manager and store manager on separate dates. Had to travel to different locations for each interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wants to buy a candle, what would you add on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR manager and then the District Manager. I was immediately turned off with the fact that I was interviewing for a "management" position and neither one of them had even read my resume, cover letter or application prior to the interview. I had applied on-line and then contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. The location I had applied for (listed in the job posting and discussed with the recruiter) was not even open and I was told the location I would be interviewing for was in a completely different city. A brief overview of the job and what it's requirements were not even explained until I asked?? This interview was a complete waste of time.
    Just an Fyi...a Dept. Manager doesn't just manage one Dept. and they manage no employees. If you really want a job there, make sure you emphasize repeatedly that you LOVE LOVE LOVE merchandising. That's what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you didn't follow company guidelines?   2 Answers

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

First interview was with the HR manager for the district. Second interview was with the District manager. Conversations center on your ability to think on your feet, and guest service. They are a very decentralized company, managers are expected to make decisions on there own using there experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company? Important to do your research, conveys your passion, and commitment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Rockville, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

One-on-one with district manager. Very personable meeting with the district manager. He did give me an accurate description of the position responsibilities. We toured the store and went over merchandising and maintainence expectations. We met sales staff and quized them on sales techniques.

Interview Questions

• Experience in merchandising. Worked with P&L? What were your gm's and gmroi's on average. How do you resolve conflicts?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

First with HR then with a District Manager. HR will give you the company low down and make it sound great. District Managers are very dry and serious.

Anonymous Employee in Nassau, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Nassau, NY).

Interview

First interview with District HR. Basic getting to know you interview. Good overview of the company. Duties, responsibilities, outline of a day in the life. Second interview with District manager. More in depth. Background, experience, management style all discussed in depth. The whole;e process was done fairly quickly. Both interviews within a week of each other.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2011.

Interview

Meet with the HR manager for 1hr and after meet with district manager for 1hr and then have a phone interview with the senior HR manager for 30 minand then get offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews last with district manager. Not very professional. Said he would be checking references but I spoke to them and they were never contacted. Got an email from them saying they don't have a position for me at this time so why go through the entire process which lasted almost a month?