Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview Questions

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Lake Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in with a filled out application and interviewed immediately. The manager was cheerful and eager to hear what I had to say. In the same visit I had a second interview with another manager who was just as pleasant as the first. They set an appointment for the next day with the store manager. The first two interviews went well, but the third interview was rushed and lacked genuineness. The manager was 20 minutes late to the appointment and seemed very distracted but did not offer any feedback. I was waiting with other candidates so the experience was a little off-putting. I was asked generic questions off of a crumpled paper and told that if I receive a call, he wants to proceed with the process, but if I don't that's a no.

Interview Questions

• If your shift starts at 5pm, what time would you consider yourself to be late or tardy?   Answer Question
  • How would you respond if you were asked/told to do something that is outside of your job responsibilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Culver City, CA).

Interview

It was short and simple. They weren't all that engaging and gave no indication of whether or not my answers suited their needs. It was a pleasant interview, but they gave no information about the company. Seeing as they don't advertise anything, it's hard to get a clear picture of the objective of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, ask about personal goals and goals within the community, How you benefit the company and how the company benefits you beyond financial needs. One on One in the store manager's office. Gives you a brief history of the store and the goal of the store.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How long do you see yourself with the company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The interview was done entirely in-store. I had to fill out a paper application and then make an appointment for an interview. I spoke with two managers. They asked basic questions about my interest in the company and customer service, and my willingness and ability to perform daily duties like climbing ladders, being on my feet, etc. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given what I thought was a fair offer. I later found out that they are very willing to negotiate, especially if you have a competitive offer from another retailer.

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Metairie, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very thorough, very personable, comfortable. I interviewed with the department manager and then the assistant manager a couple of days later. Then attended paid group training involving videos about safety, loss prevention and presentations by their top employees.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Bed Bath and Beyond?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job in store and I Got a call in about a week later. Went in for interview. Talks to three different managers. Got a call and offered the job about a week later. Very friendly and easygoing interview. One on one with managers, they would rotate to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Papillion, NE) in May 2009.

Interview

Obtained application at customer service while collecting mass applications from stores inside nearby shopping center. Was informed by customer service associate of company's practice of performing short, preliminary immediate interview with applicant when submitting application. Appreciated this warning/explanation as in my personal opinion wasn't dressed for any kind of interview--I was simply stopping to obtain an application. Ensured I looked professional when I returned to submit my application. For immediate, preliminary interview, interviewed with manager on duty at the time & was scheduled to return at a later time & date to interview with the store manager. Interviewed with the store manager for duration of time I'm unable to recall (occurred 4 yrs. ago) & was informed I would be hired per positive results on background check.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my comfort level of being on ladders/heights.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Rockville, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Referrals helpful, paper applications filled out in store, with preference to applicants that have referrals.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions.They like someone who is good at building relationships with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some stores hire in at more than others. Most hire in at just above min. wage not much negotiation.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Picked up a paper application and returned it on a separate day. Had what was called an "on the spot" interview. (When I returned the application they called a manager immediately to do the interview. I was surprised and had not dressed as well as I would have if I had been expecting to be seen by someone.) They asked a few questions about my previous experience, we negotiated pay and hours, and I was asked to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were detailed or tricky. They seemed to be looking to see who I was as a person (ability to communicate, straightforwardness, poise, etc.)   Answer Question