Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

1.9

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2017.

Interview

I applied in-store and after finishing my application I was interviewed. It took about 6 min. I got home and I got a call around 2 hours later from the operations manager and got hired on the spot. Super easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Canton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online then went through 2 phases of interviews. After the second interview, I was told I would meet with the store owner to get a few follow up questions before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you did not know how to do something and what did you do to learn?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

I was called by the company for an interview within about a week (about two or three days) after I applied for the sales associate position with my resume on indeed.com.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a product you really love and how would you sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chelsea, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on 02/12. Had an interview 02/21 and was offered a position 02/23. Very quick hiring process, about 11 days. The hiring manager was very sweet and wasn't intimidating. I knew what questions were going to be asked since I review them on Glassdoor. I accepted the offer and I'm excited to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• What are the obstacles of working with a team?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Why do you want to work for Bed Bath and Beyond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed and then maybe a week later I got a call from a manager at the store saying that she looked over my resume (on indeed) and asked if I was still interested in trying for the position. I said yes and we scheduled an interview for the next day. She also told me to stop by the store to get an application and to fill that out before the interview. The day of the interview I got there about 20 minutes early. I told a manager on duty that I had an interview and she said that they would let the other manager know I was there. I waited around the cashier area for about 45 minutes just wandering around. When she was finally ready she took me up to her office and she interviewed me there. The interview was straightforward. She pretty much asked me all the questions that everyone else is saying they were asked on here. She seemed like a no nonsense type manager so I wasn't entirely comfortable because I was so nervous and she wasn't very smiley or giggly, (which is actually really relaxing and comforting) but it wasn't horrible. She must've liked the way I answered the questions because she offered me the job on the spot. She had me meet the store manager and together we talked about orientation for the following week. I was told I would get a call (not told when) about orientation dates and times after they called my references and did background checks. I got the call today regarding my official start date. I was impatient so I felt like the process took a while but it was only about 9 days.

Interview Questions

• Why Bed, Bath and Beyond?   Answer Question
    • Give me example of a time where you provide excellent customer service and why did you consider it excellent   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were put in a stressful position and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you caught a fellow employee doing something against store policy and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would handle an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went outside of your responsibilities to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a certain amount, she offered me more and I took it

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

I first applied online (at Snagajob). Within a few weeks, I received a phone call from a manager to set up an interview. I had to fill out a paper application when I arrived and was then interviewed one-on-one. Later that same day, I received a phone call with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to go through 3 intereviews, 2 with store managers and 1 with supervisor. All the intereviews were super easy, very personable and confortable. Typical questions like why I wanna work there or tell me about your self. One thing that annoyed me was that I was always on time for my interview but I would end up waiting for 20-15 minutes each time just waiting for there interviewer to show up. Over all it was alot of work and waiting just for such a easy cashier and sales job. 3 intereviews it's alot if you ask me, and it wasn't even for full-time. Have fun trying to get full-time with them lol. It's definitely a store where you have to work your way up.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Submitted my resume to BB&B website. Received an e-mail inviting me for an interview at the store location I had chosen. Upon arrival I introduced myself and was given a lengthy application to fill out. I was then interviewed for about 20 minutes by a very friendly and personable supervisor. This supervisor said he had an opening in mind for me that would suit my strengths. He stated he wanted me to meet the other supervisor of the store, who was unavailable at the moment. I was asked to come back the next day for an interview. The next day I had a very brief (under 10 minute) interview. He indicated there was a different job description for me. He said they would be in touch. It has been about a week and there has been no phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and uploaded my resume. Received email inviting me to interview. Instructed to visit the store and fill out an in store application, as they were conducting immediate interviews. Two days later, I walked into the store (which had "job opening" signs posted in several places announcing "immediate interviews," was able to snag an employee just long enough to ask about where to apply. I was told to fill out an application which could be found at the store entrance and that he would have "Joe" interview me. (Name changed to protect the innocent!)

I took an application and, because there were no accommodations for applicants (chairs, table, a secluded corner), wandered around looking for a writing surface somewhere out of the way so I wouldn't interfere with customer activity. Found a portable folding cart, plunked all of my personal items on the floor, and stood in the middle of the linen department filling out all of the application and work history details that I had previously supplied to BB&B online.

Once finished, I returned to the front of the store and searched for the same gentleman I met on arrival. Couldn't find him, but finally found "Joe" several departments away. He excused himself, disappeared for a few minutes, then returned, led me across the main aisle to the wall art department, and we stood there while he glanced over my application and resume.

"Joe" asked why I wanted to work there. I responded with my reasons. He nodded, thanked me for coming in and said that someone would be in touch, if interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Came in for an interview after getting an email, it was only about 10 minutes and somewhat disappointing. Asked some basic questions about availability and positions, but it was not a very engaging process.

Interview Questions

• What strengths do you have that qualify you for this position?   Answer Question