Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Bed Bath & Beyond

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Vienna, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

When I applied to BBB, they seemed eager to meet me. The interview was brief and before I knew it they were scheduling me before I was actually hired...needless to say, it's a very easy job to get so long as you're a normal, respectable human being.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Cary, NC).

Interview

I gave my application in person, within a few days they contacted me for an interview. Interview was about 30 minutes. A few typical interview questions and the rest was random chitchat. Very easy. He made it seem obvious that I was going to be hired but didn't get a call till a few days later. Interview was mostly about getting to know me personally. They really like cheerful people.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied and why don't you think you got hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Toms River, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I called at the right time and got the head store manager. He was extremely nice and had a professional appearance. The interview was very informal and relaxed and general questions were asked. He made it seem like I was not wasting his time which made the interview so much easier and less stressful.

Interview Questions

• We dont have aisle numbers in the store. How would you direct a customer who asks where an item is.   5 Answers

Negotiation

I feel a little underpaid because I was afraid to ask for a higher starting salary. Dont be afraid to be aggressive as the worst they can say is no and negotiate a lower salary. Overall the negotiation phase was not anything intense and was very laid back.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in December 2010.

Interview

Very easy interview. Process took 4 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but i should have. Your starting wage will not change much for the time employed there. There raises are a joke, so don't be afraid to ask for a good starting wage.

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Longview, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

store opening. we all filled out applications at the same time and they let us mill around a room and picked us to go have sit down interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

was a very friendly easy going atmosphere. I approached them at a job fair and I was asked to go meet the hiring manager in a store in las vegas. I went over there and I was asked what I could bring for the company and why I chose bed bath and beyond. Asked a few questions on my educational back ground and previous work experience. and my availability of hours and days

Interview Questions

It was a seasonal position

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in October 2014.

Interview

I got a call for an interview within a day of applying. I met a manager and then another hiring manager who asked me more specific questions. They offered me the part-time position then and there. I'm about to accept it.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to describe an instance where an employee could go above and beyond in helping a customer. I gave an answer but then he redundantly asked it again in another way which was frustrating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Filled out paper application and was interviewed on site. This was my first job at 16 years old. I spoke with two managers. None of the question were too difficult, mostly due to my lack of work experience at the time. Mainly asked where I was going in life and why I wanted to work for the company. I was Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unhappy, but you felt you were able to fix it? Fix it yourself or get a manager involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Seemed like good pay at the time, but looking back it was terrible. The company did give me the experience I needed to move on to bigger things, so I'll give them that.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2010.

Interview

Walked into get application, stayed to fill it out. Got initial interview. Interviewed next day, relaxed interview. General questions about achievements, past jobs, strengths and weaknesses. Interview was less than thirty minutes. Got a call the next day that I was offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application on-line and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and was asked basic questions: "Why do you want to work here?" , "How would you help a customer that was filling out a bridal registry?"
    I was asked my availability and told that I would have to be interviewed by a second manager and I should be hearing from them in the next couple of days to schedule.