Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

Very long and drawn out. Took about two months from first phone call to hear back. Then it took another two months to get an in person interview. But once they decided I was given one weeks notice of the date Both in person interviews were all day and nobody thought to offer lunch.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work a regular eight hour day?   1 Answer

Get everything up front and in writing. everything was great until the offer. At that point they really nickled and dimed me. No bonus structure but some stock that nobody could really explain. Relocation package was not good. Moving would have cost me money. From talking to potential peers I got the impression that they micromanage everything from work hours to lunch items.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Palmdale, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Its all about customer service nothing else whether you do well or do your best is irrelevant you should be the best customer service representative and lead by kindness towards the customer regardless the situation. Your experience in sales must already exist the time inputted to train you to be a sales expert is non existent do to the lack of time to work and train.

Interview Questions

• They will take you to a department and ask you to tell them what you can do to increase sales.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview led to 2nd interview then a 3rd. Company told me i was top candidate for 4 months. Strung me along told me they just didnt know what position they would give me. After almost 5 months of waiting, i tried to email/call and nobody would return my call. Gave up, and im moving on... TERRIBLE way to treat potential employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions and then the RDM actually asked me if i had kids and could handle the long summer training.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

interviewer kept on taking calls during interview----had a customer issue but was really really really really really really really really really RUDE by interrupting interview several times. Was asking basic questions on interview--not a detail interview and they talked more about bed bath ten ask me questions..--was weird.. wrong first impression.

Salary too low.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Marlton, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview set up by Head Human Resources contact. Arrived to find out unavailable to meet Head HR. Assistant Hr rep Clueless of the job posting unable to answer questions. Credit manager not available not scheduled to work that day of interview? Hr Assistant did not bother to look at the application and review resume prior to start asking questions that made no sense. Drove in from Philadelphia, wasted gas, tolls for only 20 min to fill out one small piece of paper application and unable to discuss the position posted. Stay away from this company.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The worst interview I have ever had. It lasted 7 hours with a case study and a presentation. And this is for an entry level position. The whole team seemed totally not interested, were rude, and were telling me how difficult it is to work there. Right after my interviews were over, I knew that I would never want to work there.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Then if they like your application an HR person schedules a phone interview with you. After this you schedule a time to come into their corporate offices in Union, NJ. Then you interview with different departments/brands that have openings. I had 6 1-1 interviews back to back with almost no break. Each person had a different personality and asked for the most part similar questions. I had 2 great interviews while the other people were very rude and condescending either in the way they asked questions or answering back to my responses. As the day went on I did not want to work for the company based on these interviews. The HR checks back with you at the end of the interviews. They send you a rejection letter in the mail if they do not want to continue with you.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was fair. Interviewed with a store manager and human resource manager. The company select one of their long term store managers to do an interview and HR will do an extensive interview. The interview does not prepare you for the actual on the job experience. It only highlight the company core values.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in April 2011.

Interview

They explained how they need associates who can climb ladders and be a cashier, be outgoing, willing to learn new things.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to be in a shark tank by fulfilling difficult customers needs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Immediate interview with the manager on duty, second interview scheduled if you are of interest

Interview Questions

• If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?   23 Answers

Negotiation

I accepted, though the offer was a bit low. I eventually moved up to an acceptable pay grade