Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that said I had to go in store to set up an interview. I got in and immediately spoke with a manager. She asked me very basic questions about what I did at my former job, my availability, and clarified that they only had part time hours. Once we got through that, she scheduled an interview with the general store manager. When I came for my interview, the manager skipped out on my interview and I was interviewed by another store manager. The interview questions were pretty simple but a tad long winded. I walked away with a good feeling about the job. I was told that they would call within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with your schedule?   1 Answer
    • Can you climb a 12ft ladder?   1 Answer
    • We emphasize safety at our store? Would you be willing to follow safety regulations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chelsea, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on 02/12. Had an interview 02/21 and was offered a position 02/23. Very quick hiring process, about 11 days. The hiring manager was very sweet and wasn't intimidating. I knew what questions were going to be asked since I review them on Glassdoor. I accepted the offer and I'm excited to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• What are the obstacles of working with a team?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Why do you want to work for Bed Bath and Beyond?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed and then maybe a week later I got a call from a manager at the store saying that she looked over my resume (on indeed) and asked if I was still interested in trying for the position. I said yes and we scheduled an interview for the next day. She also told me to stop by the store to get an application and to fill that out before the interview. The day of the interview I got there about 20 minutes early. I told a manager on duty that I had an interview and she said that they would let the other manager know I was there. I waited around the cashier area for about 45 minutes just wandering around. When she was finally ready she took me up to her office and she interviewed me there. The interview was straightforward. She pretty much asked me all the questions that everyone else is saying they were asked on here. She seemed like a no nonsense type manager so I wasn't entirely comfortable because I was so nervous and she wasn't very smiley or giggly, (which is actually really relaxing and comforting) but it wasn't horrible. She must've liked the way I answered the questions because she offered me the job on the spot. She had me meet the store manager and together we talked about orientation for the following week. I was told I would get a call (not told when) about orientation dates and times after they called my references and did background checks. I got the call today regarding my official start date. I was impatient so I felt like the process took a while but it was only about 9 days.

Interview Questions

• Why Bed, Bath and Beyond?   Answer Question
    • Give me example of a time where you provide excellent customer service and why did you consider it excellent   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were put in a stressful position and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you caught a fellow employee doing something against store policy and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would handle an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went outside of your responsibilities to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a certain amount, she offered me more and I took it

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The Hiring officer called me to schedule an interview then sent an email to confirm where and when to meet. After interviewing with the hiring officer I was interviewed by the Dept. Manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked which role I preferred as supervisor or supervisee   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very quick and to the point. They took my resume and asked about my last two jobs, told me about the hours, a typical night on the job and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work mornings ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

I first applied online (at Snagajob). Within a few weeks, I received a phone call from a manager to set up an interview. I had to fill out a paper application when I arrived and was then interviewed one-on-one. Later that same day, I received a phone call with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to go through 3 intereviews, 2 with store managers and 1 with supervisor. All the intereviews were super easy, very personable and confortable. Typical questions like why I wanna work there or tell me about your self. One thing that annoyed me was that I was always on time for my interview but I would end up waiting for 20-15 minutes each time just waiting for there interviewer to show up. Over all it was alot of work and waiting just for such a easy cashier and sales job. 3 intereviews it's alot if you ask me, and it wasn't even for full-time. Have fun trying to get full-time with them lol. It's definitely a store where you have to work your way up.

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Clearwater, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in to hand in my paper application and was interviewed immediately. I interviewed with two managers that day and had an interview scheduled with the store manager for the next day. All three were friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you had $100 to spend, what store would you go to. Why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

it was with one person and i was told i would be working the morning shift. I have only worked in the morning 2 times in 5 months. I fine it to be a bit misleading in order to get positions filled within a certain time.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email to come in and apply based off my profile and an in-person interview will be conducted. After I filled out the application, I met with a manager and he asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable to climb a ladder (taller than 20 feet) to get products on the top shelf?   1 Answer