Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.1

Director Interview

Interview

The hiring manager was stuck on my technical/tech know-how and did not believe I was a leader that can execute even after I gave many examples during interview and via followup emails, also on my resume, of successfully launching programs and initiatives. My technical know-how is an added benefit to understand what technologies and solutions BBB should and should not be deploying (from experience working in the industry for 10yrs). The HR person was un-proffessional with no follow ups and when I asked for help to manage the perception. They left it at they will continue searching for the right person and it has been 6 months and they just reposted the role again.

Interview Questions

• My motivation to work at BBB   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Washington, DC).

Interview

Walked in on flip flops and got the job! Handed him my application he looked it over and asked when could I start! Was super easy they have a high turn over

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call to set up an interview date a week after I drop my application at the store. I had two interviews at the same date. Both interview took about 15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?
      What do you know about us?
      Can you climb a ladder?
      Would you be able to clean restroom?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision without waiting for a manager?
      Tell me a time how you handle upset customer?
      Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Positive, insightful, deep.
    Interviewer was very positive, friendly and inviting. Asked the basic questions as well explained the history of the company. Make me feel welcomed and that allowed me to be more open and honest with the interviewer. They were also on time for there phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not seeking management potential at your current company?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with member of the team. I was asked to come in for a five hour interview, to which I happily obliged. Halfway through my interview I voluntarily left, the first (and hopefully only) time I have ever done so. This is also my first Glassdoor review; I felt the need to share my experiences:

In-person interview experience
    Group one, two individuals:

A) I was asked to select a project and walk through the: 1) goals 2) enhancements made and 3) KPIs. I referred to an onboarding project I had executed at my previous company to which I was told it would suffice for the exercise. For about 15-20 minutes I detailed how I identified the need for the project, outlined a hypothesis, and then reviewed how we tested its impact via A/B test. At the conclusion of the interview I was told though my project seemed good, what is done at BBB is more intricate and that it's "not as simple as just an A/B test." Should the initial instruction have been clearer, I have many examples of more complex projects which I would have shared.

B) As part of our conversation I asked "what PM Methodologies do you and your team follow?" I was asked for more clarification, to which I said: "Such as Scrum, or Agile?" I was then told I was incorrect in using these terms in that manner, as it's the "development process." I was lectured about the differences. At this point the meeting quickly ended as the next group was waiting for me in the hall. Prior to the new group transitioning into the room, the previous group shared their experience interviewing me and laughed over that "last question."

Group two, two individuals:

A) I was asked about my strengths, to which I replied, "I've never missed a deadline." The individual challenged, "Never?" When the next whiteboarding project was being assigned I was told that I should also be sure to include my timeline strategy as "one of your strengths was 'never missing a deadline.'" This was requested in a condescending way.

B) I was asked to share details on what I've been doing to further my PM skills since leaving my last position. I noted that I am currently working as a consultant (virtually full time), with a new startup where my duties include: building new team framework; developing the product marketing strategy, UI, and dashboards/reports. This was quickly dismissed as irrelevant and was asked if I had completed “classes or training." I noted that I received my certification in Scrum and was pressed about if it was completed in the "last few months." I noted it was completed in December 2015.

Before even starting the second assigned project, I gathered my belongings and walked out.

After calling and emailing about my experiences, later in the evening HR reached out stating that feedback was very positive and they apologized that the interview "didn't go as planned."

The overall atmosphere during the interview was one of condescension, and rudeness; it was a gathering of egos too big for the room. I realize those feelings may be subjective, so I wanted to refer to a few other Glassdoor reviews that cite similar experiences:

10/11/2014 Bed-Bath-and-Beyond-Assistant-Planner-Interview-Questions
    11/15/2015 Bed-Bath-and-Beyond-Administrative-Assistant-Interview-Questions
    11/22/2015 Bed-Bath-and-Beyond-Assistant-Buyer-Interview-Questions
    04/29/2016 Bed-Bath-and-Beyond-Web-Manager-Interview-Questions

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for projects and a panel interview. Also, be prepared to be a male...I believe that'll help.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very short, heard back after 2 days, apply in store and hear back from them faster. very understanding. after the first interview there is another one with the store manager and then he gives you an offer.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. What you will hear is tell me more. All questions are open ended so be prepared to speak. The questionsecond are really to find out what you are about.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very long and drawn out without good communication. I applied online and was called by a member of HR and asked a few pre interview questions. After passing those questions we set up a formal phone interview. After the phone interview I was set up to interview with the district manager. Both of these interviews went well and were professional and pleasant. The next step was to meet with the Regional manager. I had to keep calling to follow up on when this interview would be. I drove over 2 hours to get to the interview and when I arrived the meeting took place 30 minutes after my scheduled time. He was busy with another interviewee. I can not fathom how this person could possibly be in high level management. He was condescending and rude the entire time I was with him. He had his feet up on his desk staring at his phone throughout the whole interview. He was not prepared for me and had not even looked at my resume until I walked in the door. He called me the wrong name twice because he was not prepared. When asked my management style I told him and he disagreed and stated that yelling and being forceful was the only way to get your staff to listen and follow your directions? Seriously? I left the interview knowing that this would not be someone I would want over me and after this interview I would never even shop here again. My sister was going to do her bridal registry here and would never give money to a company that actually admits to treating there employees in such a manner. There are many other companies that treat there employees as family and with respect. DO NOT APPLY here if you have self respect and value.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 4 ft by 6 ft end cap and a pallet of coasters walk me through the thought process on how you would display these coasters.   1 Answer

District Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Be careful! They'll bait and switch you! I applied for district HR Manager and the interviewer "misread" my resume and claimed I'm not qualified for this position (which I am) and tried to offer me a much lower position in stores. Then proceeded to claim I "make a lot" for the type of position I'm currently in. I left frustrated and offended. Talk about a waste of time!

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current position that relates to HR?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to the main interview building I'm guessing, it was like a warehouse building. When I went inside they handed me a sheet to fill up so I sat near all the other applicants then handed it back. A few minutes after they called my name. I was interviewed by a woman she was really friendly and nice. The interview was about 10 mins then she offered me the positions me I accepted. She said they do a background check